Thread: Is it just me or the webpage?

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Is it just me or the webpage?

I've been using Ausfish for many years and never had any problems with it but now I find it dreadful insofar as incredibly slow, contents seem to overlap each other, the FORUM icon is blocked out by the line below, the text editor never capitalises new paragraphs and attaching a photo is a nightmare!

On my Apple iPad it is as frustrating as hell but I would prefer to blame myself as its always been a top site so I must be doing something wrong but........... it's the only webpage I am having trouble with!

Am I missing something here thanks? Maybe in the settings?

And just now I tried to submit this post but got a message saying it was too short (only 10 characters?) ............. Driving me nuts! Can't block and copy or cut text .......... crazy!

Thanks muchly

Re: Is it just me or the webpage?

It does seem to have a few quirks. I regularly get half way through typing a reply and when I hit enter to start a new line it ends up above what I have already typed. Not sure whether it's me or not but it's the only forum I'm on that does it

Firstly, go to the very bottom corner of this page and select IPAD in Style/Colour selector.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Yeah. Have also noticed this. Went through a period where chrome on the ipad wouldn't let me log in, but it's all good now.

I visit many other sites and I agree Ausfish is by far the slowest and most frustrating to use to the point that I do not visit the site as often as I did before.

I had the "too short" message today as well on a post that was several paragraphs long. Weird stuff!

Also on my iPad.

Maybe its something to do with the recent iOS updates??

For ages Ive had the issue of the blue banner at the top being overlaid on the forum headers. It means I can only see about 1/4 of the little notifications popup you get when someone has liked/thanked for a post etc.

Ive had the iPad mode selected all along and it makes no improvement. Annoying.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Thanks for replies guys, looks like it is the website and not me! I notice the membership activity seems way down compared to in the past!

Damn shame as it was a top site but as somebody said its just too frustrating now to use it!

I did try the "use iPad" bit but no difference!

On my old iPad still running IOS 8 it's just as bad!

Can the site owner or moderators maybe help us out here?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPanther View Post
    Thanks for replies guys, looks like it is the website and not me! I notice the membership activity seems way down compared to in the past!

Damn shame as it was a top site but as somebody said its just too frustrating now to use it!

I did try the "use iPad" bit but no difference!

On my old iPad still running IOS 8 it's just as bad!

Can the site owner or moderators maybe help us out here?
    Will check it out. Usually the Ipad style option will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPanther View Post
    I've been using Ausfish for many years and never had any problems with it but now I find it dreadful insofar as incredibly slow, contents seem to overlap each other, the FORUM icon is blocked out by the line below, the text editor never capitalises new paragraphs and attaching a photo is a nightmare!

On my Apple iPad it is as frustrating as hell but I would prefer to blame myself as its always been a top site so I must be doing something wrong but........... it's the only webpage I am having trouble with!

Am I missing something here thanks? Maybe in the settings?m

And just now I tried to submit this post but got a message saying it was too short (only 10 characters?) ............. Driving me nuts! Can't block and copy or cut text .......... crazy!

Thanks muchly
    Can you give me a screen shot of the problem. I have just tested again in the IPad style and it is displaying fine for me.

have adjusted shed a few settings and am working on an app as well that should be out in a week or so, just depending on the App Store submission time.
    Attached Images Attached Images