Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check your trailer.

Re: Check your trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Rob, your picture doesn't due justice to the mechanical complexity of your set up

If you just fitted a boat latch like I have on my tub, life would be sweet & less stressful. I have my boat off the ramp in under a minute, but yours, well, 15 minutes later with a stress headache building from you yelling at me not to be a moron, life is not so much fun

Then add to it those dinky little side mirrors, & your foot activated park brake being on the wrong side, well, what can I say??
    Oh, come on.........
    There is only 1 turn buckle to loosen, and really 1 shackle to release.
    You only tow your tub 5 kms down the road.
    Try towing it up north with that setup of yours on that great national highway of ours and see what happens
    What else can you say?
    Hmmmmmmmm............

Te He....GRUMPIER-OLD-MEN-LB-1.jpg. Thought I'd seen this play out before.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Te He....GRUMPIER-OLD-MEN-LB-1.jpg. Thought I'd seen this play out before.
    Scottar, how did you get hold of that photo of me & Tony at the ramp

Telephoto lense.jpg LOL. Not sure I would carry it like that into an airport any more.........

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Telephoto lense.jpg LOL. Not sure I would carry it like that into an airport any more.........
    Is that the zoom you needed to snap us at the 1770 ramp from Brisbane
    That's crazy!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Scottar, how did you get hold of that photo of me & Tony at the ramp
    And you are the grumpy one Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Oh, come on.........
    There is only 1 turn buckle to loosen, and really 1 shackle to release.
    You only tow your tub 5 kms down the road.
    Try towing it up north with that setup of yours on that great national highway of ours and see what happens
    What else can you say?
    Hmmmmmmmm............
    At least if I towed mine to 1770 I wouldn't miss the turn off & end up in Miriam Vale

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    At least if I towed mine to 1770 I wouldn't miss the turn off & end up in Miriam Vale
    Hahahhahaha
    Hang on a minute.............It was Lowmead
    I said we missed the turn off and you said nah, I've been keeping an eye out for it.
    Your words
    Don't know what you were keeping an eye on tho because it wasn't the turn off????
    At least we found another way to get there along a windy dirt road

Quote Originally Posted by FINICKY View Post
    Hey guys, just putting a reminder out there to everyone to give the good old trailer a good check over every now and then.
    This reminder comes after I recently did the 7hr drive home from 1770 to Ipswich to pull up in the driveway to find the winch post had snapped off my 2009 Brooker trailer.
    Was shocked to see the only thing holding the boat on the trailer was the tie down strap as the safety chain is attached to the same post.
    After a close inspection it looks like the post had cracked at the weld previously and had torn the steal away.
    Not impressed.

Plastics fantastic but bait is better.
    I got the same POS trailer. Replace the winch mount too mate. I had to stop quickly, my boat jumped forward and bent that f ucker like a bit of paper, only just got boat back on trailer yesterday after a full trailer rebuild. While your at it as well, on the last cross member at the front, put another safety chain up to your boat, so if it does move forward, that chain stops it.