Thread: Golden Trevors

Golden Trevors

Had a challenge for a fishing comp flicking for flathead up Donnybrook way and after many texts taunting me telling me my ass was going to get kicked Friday saw myself and "blue dog" ( AKA the mayor of bribie island) hit the water, the prize was a quick pick for Saturday lotto and I was smacked with a 5 fish handicap, but any edible fish counted towards the score, anyway I smashed him 15 fish to 7 and had no hesitation in taking his money, might keep him quite for a while lol, anyway as the weather was so good we met up again today in 2 boats for another go at the flathead, the big surprise was the golden trevally smashing my 3kg outfit, talk about hard work, had to chase mine with the electric motor, took a heap of line in several big runs ad was hoping for snapper but golden trevally it was, lure was atomic prong, my golden was around 73cm and red dog reckons his was 80cm and his on 3kg as well, I released mine and he whacked his to give out to relatives, I wasn't sure of the eating quality, are they ok to eat?.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oz1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	113809   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oz2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	113810  

Re: Golden Trevors

Eaten fresh they are ok - just make sure not to overcook or they end up very dry. Need to be bled like any other pelagic fish. There seems to be a few getting around in recent times.

Re: Golden Trevors

Good fish Al, is that Neil? His fish is definetly bigger 😜😂😂

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk