Thread: Rainbow 29/7

Rainbow 29/7

My brother and I slipped out through the gutter just after dark Friday night and had a few drops on a close mark and got 2 Moses and a pearly. Then we couldn't get a bite so we went into DI for a sleep the plan was to get going early for the early bite when we woke the starter motor wouldn't go so we went back to sleep for a bit. Once there was enough light we pulled the cover of we wiggled a few wires and away we went. We found a spot out wider with a good show we started to get a few more pearlys before we had some good runs floating out pillies but couldn't stay connected eventually we got one in the boat about 55cm, but struggled to get anymore bites we managed to get our bag of pearlys and decided to have a look around at a few other spots but didn't find much. When we went to move again motor problem no.2 came along it would start but but wouldn't rev in gear and would snuff out I thought it had oiled a couple of plugs so I cleaned them and tried it again still the same pulled them out and they were very wet after a bit of head scratching we thought the needle valve was stuck we gave the carbie a few taps and it came good. Hoping it was a once of we continued on but once we stopped at our next spot it did it again when we tried to start it again the starter issue came back as well eventually we got going again so we decided to high tailed it home leaving a day earlier than planned thankfully conditions were good and we still got a few fish. FYI there might be a cheap boat for sale soon.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160730_16_38_49_Pro.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	113764  

Re: Rainbow 29/7

Great looking pearlies mate, well done and thanks for the report

Hope you get your motor issues sorted, always a bit of a worry when offshore. Nice fish for the trials and tribulations encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Hope you get your motor issues sorted, always a bit of a worry when offshore. Nice fish for the trials and tribulations encountered.

Yeah thanks nothing that 16 grand won't fix.😢

Bit scary out there by yourself Haury . nice Pearlies tho. Did scobie go out?

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1071 View Post
    Bit scary out there by yourself Haury . nice Pearlies tho. Did scobie go out?

Yeah mate by the time he got there they had shut down he only managed a few fish.