Thread: Bouquets and Brickbats

Bouquets and Brickbats

Last year round November, I was lucky enough to win $600.00 worth of fishing gear from RAPALA.
    After months and inquiries from Qld Fishing Monthly eventually received same.
    Baitcaster Rod (Rapala Muara) and Reel (Okuma Ozmodo), 100 mtrs braid line, 2 lures and a cap.
    Second time using the reel, snapped off about a Half metre of the top on a Flattie.
    Sent email with photos, inquiring if any come back and they replied that they would see about it.

Anyway, to this day, still nothing

Then we go to Mo Tackle
    I purchased a rather expensive electric reel (WFT 1200 PR) through them with braid line and leader (total $767.70) in December 2014.
    In June this year, 2016, started having trouble with it. Went back to Mo to see where I could get it fixed.
    Straight away phone call back and email of forms to fill in and send to Jarvis Walker in Melbourne.
    The warranty had well and truly run out on this reel but they fixed it straight away "under warranty" all I paid was postage to Jarvis Walker
    Actually, they couldn't find anything wrong with it, but I forgot to send the battery lead and assumed that may have been the problem.
    No worries. New lead arrived 2 days later. Oh and I had also broken a clutch lever on the side plate and had "jury rigged" that to work ok.
    No prob. Replaced that too.

You can work which is which

Re: Bouquets and Brickbats

I have never even been able to get a response from Rapala Freetime when I wanted to spend money on spare parts. Tried 3 times, gave up, ordered from the states - here in less than a week. Any Okuma gear I want is no longer coming through Rapala Freetime in Aus.

Free time do not deal with the public for parts u must purchase them through the local tackle shop. I know this as I repair reels. I have accounts with other major reel supplier but not free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    Free time do not deal with the public for parts u must purchase them through the local tackle shop. I know this as I repair reels. I have accounts with other major reel supplier but not free time.
    That's cool but to not even have the decency to return an email or phone call to tell me that is where they lost me. A little communication goes a long way at times.