Thread: Eden Coast - NSW

Ausfish Platinum Member

Eden Coast - NSW

Just moved down from QLD, looking for any starting pointers for Bermagui, Merimbula, Tathra, Eden or Mallacoota areas.
    I have never been in the area before, so any tips on what ramps to use or not to use, where to go, baits, times, tides etc all would be welcome.
    I'm gunna miss my Barra and Mud Crabs, so I'm hoping there's something down this way to keep me going.

TIA
    Cheers
    Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

Re: Eden Coast - NSW

Lots of good fishing at Bermigui, hardest part for you is going to be the temperature drop.....

Ausfish Platinum Member

Ya not wrong.... it's definitely different down here...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Corry

Haha, yep, a tiny bit cool down that way in the winter.

years ago (and I mean years ago) Pambula river and outside the mouth of there was some good reefs. Pambula lake also. But I expect its a different world since I fished there as a kid.

Used to fish of the Eden jetties but I expect they've closed all that off now.

Just thinking about this again, having fished in QLD a lot, and NSW forever, I guess the biggest tip is you will have to change your fishing style and thinking! A big chunk of Mullet, with a big sinker running right to the hook will catch you bugger all down there, lighter lines, better prepared baits, and much deeper water closer to shore will be a big change, anchoring on the edge of the reef, fishing with very lightly weighted baits will probably be your option, or drifting, if that's your thing.

Hey Corry - welcome to the world of us Mexicans! Yeah...it's just a wee bit colder down here, and you have been spoilt in the past, but one consolation is we grow our Snapper much bigger down here! I regularly travel from south of Mexico, (Melbourne) to fish Merimbula/Pambula region, and althjough only landbased, have yet to fail to turn up a feed of fish!
    There's a great weekly fishing report to access from a certain tackle shop in Merimbula, (don't know if I can mention 'em here, so I'll send you a link via pm), that I subscribe to, to keep me up to date. 20 years ago, we used to fish the Montague Is area for Kings, Yellowfin, Sharks and the odd Marlin, but as I said - that was 20 years ago when I was young and foolish. Now? I'm just foolish!
    So rug up, adapt, and you'll have a ball!
    Relax - you could have been posted to Melbourne!

Jayzus !!!your a ling way from home mate ..

Long way that was meant to read lol.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Thanks for the help guys, if the removalists have got their sh!t together, I'm hoping to drop a boat in this weekend and have a look around.
    Thanks for the fishing report link Rob, much appreciated, will help a great deal. If I do get to the coast this weekends I'll drop in there and have a chat (and add more tackle to the collection &#128518

Cheers
    Corry

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Corry