Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cruisecraft outsider 575 porpoising 135 optimax

Re: Cruisecraft outsider 575 porpoising 135 optimax

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Unicorn View Post
    Top boat those cruise crafts
    Nothing wrong with them at all. Like all boats, if the dealer doesn't get the set up right, you can turn the best hull into an absolute dog. This is/was one of the determining factors in the decision made by the Cruisecraft management team that all their boats would now be factory fitted with engines and come on a factory spec trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Unicorn View Post
    Top boat those cruise crafts
    Better than (some) Seafarers!
    Oops did I say that outloud?
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    Better than (some) Seafarers!
    Oops did I say that outloud?
    Well. Up until now this Seafarer owner had been defending Cruisey's. Just remember - you started it......

Cruisecraft outsider 575 porpoising 135 optimax

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Well. Up until now this Seafarer owner had been defending Cruisey's......
    Awww, don't be like that Scotty... don't stop now... we need help sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    Awww, don't be like that Scotty... don't stop now... we need help sometimes...
    Hopefully just not like the blokes down the pin yesterday

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-1...dbroke/7641498.

Just for the record - don't think it was a Cruisey or a Seafarer. Was probably a Haines

Oh sh*t....now I'm thinking out loud as well.........

Just for the record - don't think it was a Cruisey or a Seafarer. Was probably a Haines

Oh sh*t....now I'm thinking out loud as well.........[/QUOTE]

Wash your mouth out.

Hi all, so quick update. Just checked and the outboard anti cave plate is around 40mm above the keel at paralell. I also have an se sport 300 mounted and it still seems to porpoise and throw water. I'm reluctant to lift outboard any more because it already seems quiet high. Any further ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbillyfish View Post
    Hi all, so quick update. Just checked and the outboard anti cave plate is around 40mm above the keel at paralell. I also have an se sport 300 mounted and it still seems to porpoise and throw water. I'm reluctant to lift outboard any more because it already seems quiet high. Any further ideas?

On the plane, where does the anticav plate sit. Out of the water? in the water? Is it bow up? bow down? You need to ascertain that before altering things.

It's just in the water. But not much. Bow always seems to be up. I drive almost everywhere with outboard tilted all the way in. Even then it feels like it's still not trimmed in enough. Becomes very flighty when it gets rougher.

Cruisecraft outsider 575 porpoising 135 optimax

Something doesn't sound right Hilly - big time! 40mm up sounds good, one hole higher will probably be too high unless you have a very good prop for your setup.

How was your transom replaced. Was it cut off completely, or glass left in place and work done from the inside?

Can you post a photo from the side with the plate parallel to the keel plank?

Is there a pin that sets the lowest trim position that may have been moved from the lowest setting. With the foil on and trimmed right in it should just about have the bow glued to the water.

Transom was done from the inside so hull shell in original condition. Was a great job. He beefed the transom up so maybe some extra weight. Also the trim and tilt is set to the lowest setting. Im thinking i will try put 80kg up from of boat and see what happens. There is so much weight in the back half of boat and nothing towards the front.

Might be worth taking a pic side on with the engine fully trimmed in if you can. Certainly there is a lot more weight at the back but there is a lot less buoyancy up front.

Okay, when I get home from work next week ill take a few snaps and upload them.

Cheers

Just a suggestion, have you tried talking to Cruisecraft directly?
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.