Thread: Lowrance hds gen2 software upgrade

Lowrance hds gen2 software upgrade

Does anyone know for certain knowledge if I upgrade software on my hds gen 2 will it wipe all my data and waypoints ?

i know a hard reset process will do this

Re: Lowrance hds gen2 software upgrade

Don't know for certain, but most "upgrades" don't.

Quote Originally Posted by rexaway123 View Post
    Does anyone know for certain knowledge if I upgrade software on my hds gen 2 will it wipe all my data and waypoints ?

i know a hard reset process will do this
    No it won't.
    I had to do the hds gen 2 software upgrade to have the software for auto pilot.

No it wont.

But if you want to be ultra conservative and are risk averse, simply do a backup of waypoints, settings etc onto a separate blank SD card first.

Its not a bad idea to do this every year anyway "just in case". Really simple to do, just follow instructions in manual.

And by the way, don't copy the update files or anything else onto your map card. There is a real risk of corrupting the card and losing map data. Splash out and get yourself a suitable spare SD card of the correct size and type (see your manual) and keep it for backups, updates etc.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    No it wont.

But if you want to be ultra conservative and are risk averse, simply do a backup of waypoints, settings etc onto a separate blank SD card first.

Its not a bad idea to do this every year anyway "just in case". Really simple to do, just follow instructions in manual.

And by the way, don't copy the update files or anything else onto your map card. There is a real risk of corrupting the card and losing map data. Splash out and get yourself a suitable spare SD card of the correct size and type (see your manual) and keep it for backups, updates etc.
    Agree totally. Do a back up. Any software update is only a glitch or power failure away from an owner losing their sh*t because their marks are gone - seen it happen.