Thread: Bung lights

Question Bung lights

Has anyone tried these ...... looks like a simple but novel idea - I could imagine if you opened your bungs alot ..... eventually twisting the wire will cause grief. But for me - I usually only open 1 bung

A mate just bought them but hasn't fitted them yet - so I have no idea of how bright they are

tinned wire & they look reasonably well made

Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Bung lights

Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hey NAGG there was a thread on here recently about bung lights. Apparently there different types of bung threads as well as sizes. The one in your photo looks like replaces the bung houses well??

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Hey NAGG there was a thread on here recently about bung lights. Apparently there different types of bung threads as well as sizes. The one in your photo looks like replaces the bung houses well??
    Yep the kit does contain the actual bung housing . My guess is that it is going to match the common housing thread

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Yep the kit does contain the actual bung housing . My guess is that it is going to match the common housing thread

Chris
    As I found out the hard way there are two types of tread.

yep. tenob thread and straight thread. Vigil used to make those bung lights but are having some production issues and wont get back in full swing for a while.
    we sold a fair few and .. nobody complained but i dont think anyone was overwhelmed by them either

shrug.. they are okay....

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I could imagine if you opened your bungs alot ..... eventually twisting the wire will cause grief.
    The trick with anything like this is to leave a fair amount of cable loose and to rotate the thing backwards at least half the number of turns required to fully install it and then screw it in.

I have one. Works pretty well light wise, but only tried it once so no squid to show for it.
    Thread wasn't an issue as I had just filled in my pod to make it full width so these are new bungs on the outside.
    I may end up with a thicker o ring as you do seem to have to tighten really well to seal them.
    Given the amount of slack cable and the fact that it's only a couple of turns to tighten, I can't see twisting causing any issues.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    I have one. Works pretty well light wise, but only tried it once so no squid to show for it.
    Thread wasn't an issue as I had just filled in my pod to make it full width so these are new bungs on the outside.
    I may end up with a thicker o ring as you do seem to have to tighten really well to seal them.
    Given the amount of slack cable and the fact that it's only a couple of turns to tighten, I can't see twisting causing any issues.
    Thanks Owen

I'm actually a little surprised that more people haven't fessed up to using them - particularly as boaties / fishoes like technology & bling .
    To me they look ideal for anyone with a basic transom set up ( tinny) - specially even if it just means replacing the original (large) bung housing.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO