Thread: dometic rc 1180 3 way problems

dometic rc 1180 3 way problems

Have the above fridge with some issues. Works well on 240v, goes good for 2 days on gas then goes warm. Pilot light is on, its getting gas.......but only works for a few days then no joy.....any suggestions.
    JN

Re: dometic rc 1180 3 way problems

Take it in for a service. Mine was good on 240 but ordinary on gas. Have had it since 2004. Took it to Freezetech Cleveland and had it serviced. Works like new. Think it was around a $100.

Yeah mate, popped into a place today for a chat in lismore and he suggested the same thing and seemed pretty confident. $88.00 so will see how we go. Got her in the car and will drop it off tomorrow. does yours ice up on 12v ?
    JN

Quote Originally Posted by JEWIENEWIE View Post
    Yeah mate, popped into a place today for a chat in lismore and he suggested the same thing and seemed pretty confident. $88.00 so will see how we go. Got her in the car and will drop it off tomorrow. does yours ice up on 12v ?
    JN
    Only ever used it on 12v when we were travelling around oz and only in between places to stay. It always kept it at the same temp and nothing ever defrosted while on the road. They are a good thing I reckon. We used ours for 6 months straight. never had an issue till a couple of years after this that it started getting slow. After the service it was like new again.

Was your connection directly wired to your battery or through a 12v ciggy socket set up?...
    Jn

Just had a call from the technician. It seems the fridge was all choked up with soot. The reason being he inspected the gas jets to find that it was fitted with a incorrect gas jet, and not only that, the gas jet had been tampered with itself, he reckons some one has tried to bore out the holes and make them bigger. Now this is strange as fridge was bought new and had only minimal use, I have def not touched the gas jet and are 100% sure no one else has either. I spoke to Dometic and they are not happy about this and are touching base with the repairer to investigate and see how this has eventuated.. It is out of warranty but the fella from Dometic was great and very concerned about this. $170 bill for service and new gas jet. It will be interesting to see what comes of this but overall, I am happy that it is finally operating as it should. Will wait and see.
    JN

Quote Originally Posted by JEWIENEWIE View Post
    Was your connection directly wired to your battery or through a 12v ciggy socket set up?...
    Jn
    Yeah wired directly to battery with 6mm/2

Well not real happy how this has turned out. Dometic called the Technician and the techy confirmed the issue with them. Problem is Dometic have pretty much washed their hands of it. Told me its out of warranty cant help you. Explained that the fridge was bought new, only been used half a dozen times, and has never ever been tampered with. Whoever has tampered with the jet, has done this prior to it being sold to me. They don't want to know about it. Called the shop that sold it to me, he is more concerned as it is possible he has been sold a tampered fridge and unknowingly sold it on to me.........He has asked me to get hold of the serial number on the fridge and see if it matches the serial number on my paperwork. He wants the serial number so he can track the fridge to see its history. I have also noticed on the Dometic site they do sell Factory seconds..........Wondering is I have accidently got one of these, but tracking the serial number will tell its history..........Not rreal happy about it all but at least it is working how it should........$180 bucks later...
    JN