Thread: Shorncliffe Pier

Shorncliffe Pier

Woke up early and hooked the boat up to go chasing squid as conditions were pretty good, while fueling up I got my finger jammed as I was putting the tank back in and nearly took my whole fingernail off, so back home we went and put the boat back in. A few hours later swelling went down along with the painkillers and we decided we were still going to enjoy the day so went and had a look at Shorncliffe pier. Dropped the camera down baited with Pillies around the pylons and saw toadfish, pike, moses perch, tarwhine and bream. There was plenty of garfish and pike being caught by locals. I had a throw with a squid jig while I was waiting for the camera and came up with 2 really nice Tigers. Amazing how many people didnt know that they were calamari. Beautiful afternoon on the water, a couple of drinks at the Full Moon Hotel afterwards and calamari for dinner. Cant beat a great day on Moreton Bay.

The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

Re: Shorncliffe Pier

Mmmmm calamari!

I too am hooked on catching them ! I just wish the cleaning and prep was as much fun as the catching and eating!

what's your cooking method?
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Mmmmm calamari!

I too am hooked on catching them ! I just wish the cleaning and prep was as much fun as the catching and eating!

what's your cooking method?
    thin strips pan fried olive oil, with

The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

What are you doing fishing from piers Peter...
    I better finish the pool quick.

How come you didnt drop in for a beer at my place?