Thread: yamaha 40 parts link/maunal link

yamaha 40 parts link/maunal link

Hi I have a 2001 40vwhtol looking for an online parts link/manul link can anyone help? I have purchased a cheap motor and the tiller trim wiring harness has been disconnected from under the cowl, trying to work out where I plug it into? or if anyone with one of these motors can tell me or take a photo of theres??

any help would be appreciated?

cheers

Re: yamaha 40 parts link/maunal link

google is your friend.
    Took me about 5 sec to find it.

http://www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/index.php

I have a 4 stroke Yammy 40 with trim, approx 2008, so I suppose its a little bit different. If you have a side control binnacle, you should find the wires run into a couple of relay switches under the cowl. On my motor they are under the cowl at the front, just under the spark plugs. The relays have a white square plastic plug for teh wires to go into. These relays can sometimes short out if water gets into em. Use a multi meter and prongs to see if you have power to both sides of the relay. Is power going in from the control, and is power going out from the relay to the slave cylinder. If that is OK, you should hear them pushing the trim up, or at least trying to. If you can hear them pushing, then check your hydraulic fluid levels, and use only yammy approved fluid.

Ive been through this, and I ended up getting a professional to do the job. Its worth it.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.