Thread: Tangalooma trip tomorrow - Bay Advice 8th July

Tangalooma trip tomorrow - Bay Advice 8th July

Hi

I was thinking of taking the family to Tangalooma from Redcliffe tomorrow (08-07-16) and wanted to get some feedback on what the bay might be like. leaving around 8:30, back by around 1:30-2 pm

Normally i would not worry to much going on my own or with mates as it would be fine for me but the wife does not like it to bouncy and i'm not sure or up to speed on the mix of wind / tide combination tomorrow for this.

Wind is predicted WSW at < 12km/hr for the times we are looking at (based on my last check). Tide seems to be rising on the way out and falling on the way back.

I have a 5.5 meter plate console.

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Tangalooma trip tomorrow - Bay Advice 8th July

Should be pretty good, but the closer you get to Tangalooma the rougher it will be in the south to southwesterly, this normally drops out mid to late morning,

Will be sloppy mid bay with incoming tide VS wind for your trip across, but the outgoing tide should make it flatter for trip home.

But your boat should handle it really well,

Thanks Lethal

i'll keep an eye on the weather but all being well we go for it. Your advice is very helpful.

Cheers

We went over in the morning and water was almost perfect both there and back. Good day to be out (except the morning chill....)

While anchored at the wrecks fishing for tiny fish with the kids. We had a 1.5 meter kingfish swim around the boat a few times to taunt us! Never see them when I am actually looking for them but when I'm rigged for tiny fish with the kids along they come.

Also saw a 1 meter cod sunning him self smack bang in the middle of the bay. We stopped to view some dolphins and he was just floating around.... as soon as he saw us he took off but surprised me in its location.

Anyway a good day.

Cheers

Appreciate the report. Still trying to get a picture of real conditions in the northern bay and what Seabreeze says. I'll add it to the data in my tiny brain.