Thread: Going for a bay fish been a while where to start?

Going for a bay fish been a while where to start?

Gday guys been a while since ive been for a bay fish mainly been flicking the rivers for a while now but keen to get out into the bay to chase something different. Now I'm not looking for your favourite spots or marks just a nudge in the right direction. Will be chasing some squire/snapper if we could get a couple. Where have their been a few about? Only places I know are mud, harrys and curtain. Have there been many about there? If not are there any school or spotty macks running around I can chase with some lures? Any help would be good just want to enjoy the day and not come home without a bite I guess! Hopefully heading out sunday for a run.

If no one wants to post their reports here for me please feel free to pm me, once again really appreciated and hope everyone has a good week!

J

Cool Re: Going for a bay fish been a while where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by j_man_84 View Post
    Gday guys been a while since ive been for a bay fish mainly been flicking the rivers for a while now but keen to get out into the bay to chase something different. Now I'm not looking for your favourite spots or marks just a nudge in the right direction. Will be chasing some squire/snapper if we could get a couple. Where have their been a few about? Only places I know are mud, harrys and curtain. Have there been many about there? If not are there any school or spotty macks running around I can chase with some lures? Any help would be good just want to enjoy the day and not come home without a bite I guess! Hopefully heading out sunday for a run.

If no one wants to post their reports here for me please feel free to pm me, once again really appreciated and hope everyone has a good week!

J
    You obviously a northsider? Wind looks good for you if you are returning to a northside ramp, you'll have a following sea, will be nice even in a little tinny. The boys from Vic Point bait and tackle have been doing well at harries at night, although because I saw that on their fb home page, my guess is that that area might be busy as a result. No disrespect to them, it's good vid when they post up their successes, and like a good charter operator once said to me, you can point to as many good spots as you like, but you still have to know how to catch the fish! Mud is also a good option, although I have been away from my fishing for a few weeks so I have no up to the minute info for you. If you come out of the Bris river I imagine a fair bit of fresh still, there might be a Jew or two hanging around the mouth, I would check out the rock wall if you can catch the tide change there. Good luck!

Scalem

Re: Going for a bay fish been a while where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    You obviously a northsider? Wind looks good for you if you are returning to a northside ramp, you'll have a following sea, will be nice even in a little tinny. The boys from Vic Point bait and tackle have been doing well at harries at night, although because I saw that on their fb home page, my guess is that that area might be busy as a result. No disrespect to them, it's good vid when they post up their successes, and like a good charter operator once said to me, you can point to as many good spots as you like, but you still have to know how to catch the fish! Mud is also a good option, although I have been away from my fishing for a few weeks so I have no up to the minute info for you. If you come out of the Bris river I imagine a fair bit of fresh still, there might be a Jew or two hanging around the mouth, I would check out the rock wall if you can catch the tide change there. Good luck!

Scalem
    Hey mate I'm actually southside based but don't mind launching northside if need be. Yeah agreed I think harries would be real busy therefore making it harder to get good fish. Yeah will have a bit of a think about it and just get out there and see how I go. thanks mate