Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deep Dropping East of Caloundra??

Re: Deep Dropping East of Caloundra??

Gday Barry and Lethal, thanks for that guys on cfs. I just bought 1000m of braid online and have some hooks that I bought of cfs a couple of years ago so will be right for a while. I will report either way, wether I am successful or not if I can get out there in early August.
    hi Noelm, thanks for the info on blue eye, I would be over the moon if I could get one of those.

cheers
    lee
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

For Blue Eye, we use Squid for bait, very rarely catch them on fish bait.

Cheers mate, thanks so much for this info, this is exactly the kind of help I need.
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

There are a few pros that fish for Blue eye out of Mooloolaba. My mate use to be a deckie. He said it was an 80nm run out of the heads in around 250-300m of water. Good luck and interested to see how you go.

Gday Nick, mate at 80nm I will be giving it a miss, I was expecting 70-80km but will suss it out. My plan is to leave caloundra, head for a wreck east of caloundra in 145m, have a drop there to break up the trip then continue east until I find 250m and sound south toward moreton then spend the night at tempest. If I can get a feed in the deep I may just come home in the evening.

IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2795.jpg
    Gday lee

finally got back out to the depths mate. Took my old man and his mate for a run and didn't get too much time out there. Was a little bit hard going but found a few pearlies and one nice bar cod. The sounder shot up top is of that big wall I was talking about. I was mucking around with the sounder trying to get it to read nicely but you get the idea. F$&king big drop off!! Fish sitting on the top and bottom of the ledge. Pretty well all the ground I've fished runs north south. Hopefully crack the travels code soon.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gday Barry, thanks for that mate. I had a bit of a crack myself out of Noosa last Friday. Unsuccessful at best!!!!! I got a generic mark off the net for the Noosa canyons. As I was only fishing with a tld 50 with 1000m of braid, I really only wanted to fish to 300m max but was hoping for 200-250m. At 1km short of the mark, we were in 450m and thought we can't go any deeper. We saw what we thought were fish so had a drop with 2kg of sinker. When I saw the knot that joined the 1000m of braid to the mono backing I stopped letting line out. F@rk that is a long way to wind up now. After winding in with all baits still there we put 2kg more on and had another go. We left it there for a bit and wound it in. 3 blokes sharing the winding and it was hard work. We lost all 3 baits but no fish. Probably lucky as we would still be winding I think.
    I am pretty sure now that 300m will pull me up. Once I catch a couple of fish and get an idea I will get some electrics. I am keen to try out off caloundra next. If ever your looking for someone to follow you for company I would be interested if I am off.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app