Thread: Banks 26/6

Banks 26/6

Fished the banks on Thursday, later start getting a line in the water at 830. Slow bite all day,which we expected. Varible winds made anchoring tough.There was bugger all run, Still managed a good feed and some dog food. Couple of good snapper including a few gold band.The spangled went 80cm.Great day on the water 27knts all the way home back at the ramp at 430.
    Cheers Nick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160623_174047.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	113413

Re: Banks 26/6

There are some nice fish there thanks for the report well done.

Nice job Nick.
    I was thinking Thursday looked pretty good, but Juna bought us tickets for State of Origin, & a luxury hotel room, so nah, didn't go, but enjoyed watching Sammy drop Gallen on his melon!!

Tony

Looks like a few good feeds.
    What sort of depth are you anchoring in? I've never anchored in more than 50m.

Quote Originally Posted by FINICKY View Post
    Looks like a few good feeds.
    What sort of depth are you anchoring in? I've never anchored in more than 50m.
    Up to 90meters.

How much rope do you let out in that depth? I'm guessing you have a winch.

Hey mate, retrieval is by float. In 80m I would have about 120m of rope out.

Hi Nick,
    Nice feed of Mixed Reef. The Gold Band snapper are interesting i've been fishing the banks on and off for years and never caught one. Don't know if i've ever seen one caught around SEQ? Well done.
    Cheers