Thread: Tray sizes - dual cab utes

Tray sizes - dual cab utes

I'll be in the market in the next month or 2 for a new work vehicle but because of having to now pick up kids up every afternoon i need a dual cab of some kind but I also need a large tray and tool boxes for storing all my parts and tools plus transporting appliances such as dishwashers and oven to various jobs.

At the moment I'm driving a falcon ute which is perfect for my needs but I have to drop it home and pick up another to go get the kids, which apart from paying the extra rego is a pita.

What I want to know is there any dual cab utes (either 4x4 or 2x4) on the market that have larger tray backs than the others?

I'd love an f truck but they are just too big for most of the car parks that I need to park in.

Re: Tray sizes - dual cab utes

I'd imagine the Landcruiser 70 series dual cabs would have a larger tray than the smaller utes, ie Hilux, Triton, etc.
    Need to be careful with the dual cabs if carrying a lot of weight in the tray due to the overhang behind the rear axle. There are numerous reports of bent chassis' from overloading.

Re: Tray sizes - dual cab utes

I had a 1800 x 1800 tray fitted to my triton 4 yrs ago.
    Maximum size you could fit to the dual cab.
    Most trays are 1800 x 1500 on dual cabs.
    Jack.