Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: fishnet forum?

fishnet forum?

Just wondering whats happened to the fishnet forum, seems to have been off the air for quite a while??

Re: fishnet forum?

Fishnet is gone, don't think it will be back, there was a few members who just had to argue and dribble on relentlessly with each other, that it was taken down. I was a member for years, and dropped of because of it.

Thanks Noel for the update

i have been having the same results. I was kicked off because i called out mysoginists and bullies, one in particular. Fortunately they are few in number. Its about proper moderation. Fishnet lost the plot a long time ago. We can all take a joke, but when it goes on and becomes bullying, it becomes a real turn off. The moderator was nowhere to be seen on that sight until i called out a bully. Guess who got the chop, lol. And with no explanation.
    being a public forum, it beholds all of us to show a level of respect.
    in my short boating experience, everyone is unique and everyone has a different need. One can't be absolute, its got to be horses for courses. If everyone is right, nobody is wrong and we would all be buying the same things. Think i am nuts? Read the thread on tohatsu motors.

agree with all the above.......... was a fishnet member for a longtime..stopped following it because it became so pointless ..the good guys slowly left because of the relentless hair splitting keyboard warriors.Still in the end all good... this site seems to manage itself in a much more positive atmosphere..

Thanks for asking Terryc and for the other responses. I also wondered what happened, I used to be an active member many years ago but became and occasional lurker. The way the constant bickering was allowed to continue did serve to increase my appreciation of other sites that I visit (including this one). I guess fishnet became a good bad example
    Cheers
    Rod

It was a forum I was glad to forget about after a while, Sportsfish was similar too.
    Jack.

Yeah, Sportsfish just kind of fizzled out naturally, less and less people joining in.

All comes down to the attitudes of both the posters and the moderators.....
    Jack.

I wonder what happened to GAZZA he used to stir them up a bit it was so funny at times... Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

he is still around on other forums not as noisy anymore tho
    Jack.

lucky for us he's not here. You can't take much of that gutter humour and encrypted english he so fondly used.

Their facebook page is saying "IT issue being worked on. Apologies for inconvenience"

G'day
    I saw that to, but then noticed the date, 2015
    Cheers
    Rod

Taking a while then. Might be council run