Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: fishnet forum?

Re: fishnet forum?

I like boats.

No wonder fishnet closed ,too much bulldust . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    No wonder fishnet closed ,too much bulldust . Matt
    Totally agree !!!
    Its amazing, with the mere mention of the word " fishnet" old gripes just have to be aired !!!!
    I was a member there, got a ban for calling someone an oxygen thief ! just wanted the vindictive crap to stop !!!
    Sounds as though there was some terrible under the table crap that happened and some people were very badly done by,
    But, its gone now and hopefully it doesn't rear its ugly head again,,,,,,anywhere
    I can be a arrogant son of a B@@ch my self sometimes, or so my wife tells me, but life's to short, I try to put myself in check and just take in the good parts.
    There's always someone that needs good information or questions answered, including me, unfortunately there's also people that know the answers, but wont
    for various reasons contribute, but choose to inflate their internet ego rather than contributing !!!!! wait a minute, that sounds like a place I used to work at !!
    Such is life sometimes unfortunately. Hopefully that fishnet saga never rears its ugly head here, or indeed people check themselves should the evil inside dare to rear its ugly head...........
    Life's just to damn short guys
    And far to many boats to tinker with and fish to catch..............
    regards
    C

Such a shame it went down, there was some great content there.

I just dont get ppl who persist on arguing in internet forums. Most of the shitfights start with basic/general disagreements and then go down hill.
    Make your point then let it go.

Whoever gets involved with insults immediately loses any credibility.

Quote Neil deGrasse Tyson
    “If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both sides are wrong”
    or in the case of a forum - 2 replies.

I think we need to learn from Fishnet's mistakes, let that old dog lie and focus on making this forum as great a cooperative among rec fishos as possible.

I want to see more content from southerners. Especially reports and photos from places like Sydney, Victoria and South Australia. Those Arno bay snapper are always welcome in the reports section
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Can't say that I have ever posted a report, never really thought anyone would be interested in southern "stuff"

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Noelm, as a long time lurker, first time poster, I would love to see some reports from you.
    i've learnt a hell of a lot from blokes like yourself and other long time ausfisho's and reckon this site is the only one that doesn't have the crap that others have had.
    I'd love to see some of the former AF members return like Finga, pinhead, grand marlin and others who were a bloody wealth of knowledge and funny as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Can't say that I have ever posted a report, never really thought anyone would be interested in southern "stuff"
    Noelm, you'd have to be one of the most respected member of this forum. Your boating knowledge is second to few. It stands to reason that you're approaching the 10% of the 90% on the fishing side.

My biggest disappointment of this forum is there used to be a solid handful of those 10% fishos that posted regularly. I've learned so much from them and still feel I'm still in my infantcy knowelege wise. Yet a few badgered them over semantics and now they don't bother. It's such a huge waste to see 90% fishos badgering 10% fishos over crap like, how they hold a fish, or .......blah blah.

We, me, Australian Rec Angling as a whole need those blokes and a few of those ladies, back here and posting.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.