Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: fishnet forum?

Re: fishnet forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    lucky for us he's not here. You can't take much of that gutter humour and encrypted english he so fondly used.
    i would like to see him back.. this place could do with some livening up
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

[QUOTE=kingcray;1617499]i would like to see him back.. this place could do with some livening up[/QUOTE

He is a moderators alter ego!

He seemed to get banned a lot if that was the case.

Maybe the mod in question is into self flagellation?

Has nothing to do with bitchering Forum was handed over to a new owner as far as im aware.

OH, didn't know that?

Rewording post.

Its an issue when the people who run the show run out of steam.
    And these forums do taker a lot of resources and dedication to run smoothly.

Hi guys,

I was a prominent member of Fishnet (Baysidemarine) and know the whole story of the demise of the site. 2 weeks ago I was making enquiries with the owners looking to take it over and restore it to its former glory. They haven't come back to me and I didn't expect they would, unfortunately. It was an icon of it's time and as important to Victorians as Ausfish is to Qlders.

Bad stuff occurred internally and was poorly handled. It is sad to see it end. I'll try again to see if the owners want to hand it over to be rebuilt.

The site is gone. A deal was underway with a company to redevelop the site (site revamp was posted as a sticky on the site late 2015) but something went wrong. The site was originally the brainchild of Steve (surname not posted) and he was very passionate about it. In my view over the years the people looking after it when Steve took a lesser role were not overly interested in the site or more particularly the forum section as it required a lot of time to administer and the feeling was that the site would be just as profitable and functional without the forums. I do not now and never shared that view because without the forums (difficult as they can be to administer) the users would not be there and hence the page hits would not be there and subsequently the advertising would not be there either.

It is my view that the lack of interest in the forums/failing to see how important the forums were, was what lead to the ultimate demise. Corruption and possible illegal behaviour of a senior moderator unfortunately were never properly investigated.

I loved the Fishnet site (along with Ausfish and MrFisho). I would like to see it brought back and modernised and am attempting to achieve that.

Cheers

I think this is a big opportunity for Ausfish to embrace our Victorian brothers and sisters. Maybe a Victorian specific forum?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

dont need a victorian specific forum, just a well run ausfish will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I think this is a big opportunity for Ausfish to embrace our Victorian brothers and sisters. Maybe a Victorian specific forum?
    If so I can see a lot of bans coming up Lovey, some of those guys were just sh!t stirrers and Trolls.

Although I do agree it would be good to get a lot more activity back on here (it is pretty dead compared to the old days), just not sure we want some of those guys on here .
    Cheers
    Brendon

Just throwing it out there. After all this is Ausfish after all.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Goodness me, I am south australia and didn't realise this forum was for queenslanders
    ooops
    Cheers
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Crusader View Post
    Goodness me, I am south australia and didn't realise this forum was for queenslanders
    ooops
    Cheers

Rod
    Dont worry mate. I am a Newsouthwelshman living in Queensland, so they must let anyone in.
    😀😀😀😀😀😀
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Just add a squid section to the forum
    ~~~><))))*>