Thread: Navico Totalscan transducer

Navico Totalscan transducer

So I currently am running a HDS gen 3 with a HST-WFSBL 50-200 and LSS-2 combination and while I feel it is adequate for the money I was never really blown away.

Now with the Totalscan option I was thinking of going down this path and using a TM150m for chirp instead of the 50-200 HST-DFSBL.

All I seem to come across is negatives about the TM150 and am hoping to hear from people who have a TM150 and are happy with it. Also has anyone used this new totalscan transducer?

I mainly fish off the Sunny coast in 25m-65m with the occasional trip up the GBR so sheer power for deep water (a al TM275) is not really needed. I am mostly interested in good target/structure separation.

Cheers,

Tim

Re: Navico Totalscan transducer

Mate of mine bought a totalscan transducer, and he struggles with it. No arches etc.

i was very happy with my TM150.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

So far very happy with totalscan and my Simrad GO7xse.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

How was the performance underway Moose?

And what boat was it on?

Ill be fitting it to a Signature 543 which has quite a lot of deadrise towards the center line, I had to move the HST-50/200 around quite a bit to get it to read at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    So far very happy with totalscan and my Simrad GO7xse.
    How do you find this unit work in deeper water around 80-120m?
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Quote Originally Posted by hungry6 View Post
    How do you find this unit work in deeper water around 80-120m?
    Not been that deep yet to test. Will report back when Ive tried.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I have a TM150 and while it will track bottom at WOT about 70kmh I have to be almost at idle for it to show any fish.