Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marine Batteries?

Re: Marine Batteries?

I went out in the boat yesterday and it appears one of my batteries is on its way out as its pushing more volts than usual and my furuno is cutting out while starting so I am going to replace both but I ONLY got 11 years and over 900 running time hour out of them .

Anyway I think I will replace them with the same sort ,does anybody have a contact to get two at the right price on Brisbane Northside ...Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Just got back from Northside Marine and got 2 maintenance free seamaster supercharge batteries $318 , don't expect to get 12 yrs service out of them but really who cares .. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Youve done exceedingly well. As I am sure you are well aware!

I also use those same batteries, and have had great service from them too.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Marine Batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Just a little off topic. I was thinking of putting a second battery in the boat to run electronics, live bait tank, etc. Do you have to use marine batteries in a boat or can you use a normal battery. I have a spare secondary battery out of my 4wd that I could use.

What are the differences between car and marine batteries ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Marine batteries (other than deep cycle or gel) usually have a couple of baffles inside them to stop the electrolyte from sloshing around inside too much, lowers the risk of spilling battery acid everywhere when you're bouncing across a swell, car batteries are less robust. Don't use car batteries in a boat. Deep cycle marine are more expensive but you'll get better life out of them. Some marine batteries have thicker plates and are glued in with epoxy to resist shock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ring peyer at Budget batteries.

just google them.

He is at everton hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Ring peyer at Budget batteries.

just google them.

He is at everton hills.
    Do you mean Peter at Battery Value at Everton Hills there is no Budget Batterys at everton hills.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    Do you mean Peter at Battery Value at Everton Hills there is no Budget Batterys at everton hills.
    Cheers
    Ray
    yeah Ray
    iam going over to but a deep cycle of him today

greg

Quote Originally Posted by Deano70 View Post
    Marine batteries (other than deep cycle or gel) usually have a couple of baffles inside them to stop the electrolyte from sloshing around inside too much, lowers the risk of spilling battery acid everywhere when you're bouncing across a swell, car batteries are less robust. Don't use car batteries in a boat. Deep cycle marine are more expensive but you'll get better life out of them. Some marine batteries have thicker plates and are glued in with epoxy to resist shock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Deano70

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk