Thread: hilux lift help

hilux lift help

Hi all im looking at suspention upgrade of my hilux dual cab td but cant decide on what brand to go.i do tow 5.5mtr platey and do beach driving,as well as going to the cape later this year.i was thinking s set of foam cells but so much choice .Any recomendations or review would be gratfull cheers hally

Re: hilux lift help

Have a look at ultimate suspension. http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au

With a 2 inch lift my dc hilux has done 140 k with it in, 25 k of that would have been dirt roads and still going strong.

Be careful who you go with some mobs get the geometry wrong and bend the front struts.

Have a look on new hilux forum you wont find any bad reviews.

What year hilux? Which ever way you go ask about adjusting your brakes. I.e. The load sensor on the rear axle/brakes - I got a OME standard lift (2 inches??) and with the change it made I basically had no rear brakes (as they didn't tell me about the need to adjust the rear load sensor). Suspension hands down streets better than stock and would do it again - but would be nice for the guys that do it day in day out to tell you about the issue that happens for every lift (mine is 2008 model and so is mechanical sensor that can be adjusted but think newer ones are different?

Another vote for Ultimate suspension.
    I put ultimate on my 2013 Hilux and 2010 Landcruiser. 100% happy with off-road ability and load capacity.

I had EFS suspension put in my D22 Navara. Drives like a new car wish I had it done 80k ago.