Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on new plate boat

Re: Suggestions on new plate boat

Hey Kondo
    What do you mean when you say the sea jay plate is totally different to the AMM? I thought they would be similar. What size Sea Jay did you end up with?

Yeah thanks Dantren
    been looking at that one for a while now and now starting to wonder why it hasn't sold. Was thinking the 150 might be a bit small for that size boat. But yeah that's probably my pick of the ones for sale at the movement

Just different ways of doing things that's all - both great boats. I really think sea jay and AMM are both very very good at what they do.

I have a 5.6 striker with a 150 Yamaha that I am keeping, and getting a 7 centre console with twins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A good plate boat will sell itself......my 5mtr Origin did through a friend of a friend type deal..........they wanted one and were not willing to wait so made me an offer I could not refuse.
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Don't forget about Bluewater plate boats. There is one on boat sales up north. My mate just purchased one from gumtree of all places. He did look at the one up north but it wasn't worth the coin. They are now building them again in Bundaberg u der the banner " Mechweld Industries". Apparently it is a couple of fabricators that worked under the original Bluewater banner. Good boats

Where is the one up north advertised? Don't think I've seen it.

Just get a moda
    what a sad sad AB

Ive settled on a new Pelagic for my next boat after months and months of research, awesome ride and finish. Give them a call if your thinking new.

Moda or pelagic would be great! Think they would have one ready for the Mast Head island adventure in September. Anyone know what sort of lead time for either?

Quote Originally Posted by rcfisher View Post
    Moda or pelagic would be great! Think they would have one ready for the Mast Head island adventure in September. Anyone know what sort of lead time for either?
    Would be a stretch for both of them I would have thought. but you can only ask.

Dan (Pelagic) had a client looking to trade an elite 700 (can be seen on his Facebook page) on a bigger boat a few months ago. Give him a call and see if that's still on the cards.

I'd be surprised if any custom builder can do you a new boat by September. If they can they're either bullshitting you to get the job or are standing around looking at an empty shed.

Hey Chris
    yeah I realise September is a dream, had a quick look on their fb page but couldn't see it. Might have to give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by rcfisher View Post
    Hey Chris
    yeah I realise September is a dream, had a quick look on their fb page but couldn't see it. Might have to give them a call.
    this is the boat I'm talking about: