Thread: Opinions On Boat Colour

Opinions On Boat Colour

Hi Guys,

Been respraying my ali boat and finally got around to adding some top coats, done the small parts last night including the seat frames and bases in the same colour as the hull sides. Well its dosnt match the colour card and for a boat its quite a "unique" colour, the guy applying the topcoats called it "unisex". Im actually planning to move the boat on with in 6 months after doing a 2 week trip in the Kimberly's up to the horizontal water falls.

Hypothetically as a potential buyer would this colour put you off? obviously there are more important factors in buying a boat, but if im going to change it now the time.

Its suppose to be AS2700 B35 Paradise Blue. I live remotely and cant take it back to Wattyl, to get more up from Perth would be 2 weeks through Atom Supplies and then the shit fight with Wattyl about it being tinted wrong. There is a International Paints in town and was just thinking of getting 4ltrs of Navy polyurethane and doing a test pot of mixing it with the Wattyl products to make it a little darker.
    Resized_20160610_174011_001.jpgB34-Paradise-Blue.gif20160610_191951.jpg20160610_190932.jpg20160515_184811.jpg20160520_191612.jpg

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Opinions On Boat Colour

that is the exact colour i was going to paint my little tinnie more so the colour on the b34 paradise blue card youve shown and at first not sure on the actual colour it come out looking like .. but after a few moments i think it popps but.... most mainstream buyers are conservative and youd maybe be safer with the navy blue so i can fully understand your delima and with supply/time issues not kool lol even though navy would be safer in resale i do like the light blue it does pop but your decision bro good luck on your trip..my missus just looked over my shoulder and said she really like it so maybe find a buyer with a missus maybe it is unisex lol but yeah i like the colour it is now just my opinion hopefully a few more posts are added to help you.. happy trails bro..

Cheer,

I ended up going to International paints and getting 500ml of dark blue tint, going to to mix remaining 4ltr + 3ltr Part A in a 10ltr bucket and then slowly add the tint till we get a desired colour. The colour I'm aiming for is the first 3 pics if i was to leave it as is i think it will end up like the 4th pic which wouldnt suit the older lines of the boat 3739154_-1_20120314140237_10_0.jpgPort Overall.jpgIMG_0597.jpgDSC_3053.jpg

Ausfish Silver Member

kool bro go with what you thinks best ill just say they all look good but you do want to sell it so whats best for resale i spose..

I think the colour is great whether pic 1,2,3 or 4.

Yep like all 4 pics but the first looks best, a trick I learnt from an old painter was to paint a bit on a piece of glass, old louver blades was good for it and look at the reverse side, this would be the dried colour without having to wait for the paint to dry.

I ended up having it re-tinted and shot it tonight, Im stoked with the results.

Ausfish Silver Member

yeah bro thats niiiiice lol,, its poppin if some1 dont like it then theyd have to be the minority as it looks great.. hopefully as u said in ur 1st post u can now go on ur trip and hopefully sell it when u get back...