Thread: The 40HP video

The 40HP video

Just thought I would post this in case anyone is curious or hasn't seen it. I thought it was a good non biased video for the products they are testing.

Re: The 40HP video

The two not immediately obvious variables that can really affect these kinds of tests are:

1. how well the motor is mounted, particularly engine height and if it is set to optimum
    2. Propellors - again, if the optimum prop is fitted to each engine to suit the boat, and if all props are the same material.

I couldnt see all the props on all the motors, only the etec and the Yammy were visible. The etec was running what appeared to be a shiny stainless prop. The yammy, a painted alloy one. There's a significant factor right there that will affect acceleration and top end, in the etec's favour.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Ausfish Silver Member

damn bro i could tear apart what i think on what suits what and if i was outlaying the pricey cash for 1 of these i would.. but i must say at the end of the day give me any of these awesome motors and im juicin lol i got a humble 18hp tohatsu

Non biased video???? Hahahahahaha. Quintrex are now partnered with Etec and Caloundra marine only sell Etec.

if it was non biased they would have told us how many warranty repairs they have done to Etecs.
    2 strokes have more grunt than 4 strokes. We already knew this.