Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outboard centre.com.au is it a scam

Re: Outboard centre.com.au is it a scam

The standard test is
    If It Sounds Too Good To Be True It Probably Is.

I would rather pay a known reputable dealer with known after sales service and support.
    Better then ending up with an expensive anchor.

Have you tried calling one of the outboard distributors? I'm sure Yamaha or Suzuki would have an opinion of someone who is supposedly selling their product.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

I saw their advert a while ago they were pushing Suzukis then. I sent a link to Haines Suzuki Marine to let them know, they were aware of these scammers.

If it looks like a duck
    sounds like a duck
    swims like a duck

its a duck.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quite a lot of businesses these days are looking more to online commerce to put them up the pointy end, however scammers are out there. Family Boats are a boat and engine dealer down in Sydney and apparently Honda and Tohatsu dealers. Being entrepreneurial they may have an online outlet but before anything, I would be checking out them by giving them a call.. All their details are here http://www.familyboats.com.au/
    Last edited by sandbank pete; 06-06-2016 at 07:39 PM. Reason: spelling

I know of Family Boats in NSW. I will look into this more tomorrow.

Maybe just a coincidence, but Suzuki Marine released this statement recently.

https://suzukimarine.com.au/news-and...ulent-websites

Looks like no warranty and no support are offered.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

you could always ask for the bank details so you could "give them a deposit" and see how they like it transferred if western union well you would have the answer straight away! ha ha
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

It's a duck! Was told by someone in the know today to run, run away as fast as you can! No names.

The face that they can't do a search until you pay? come on!

Shocked about have the family boats name here. I used to go to their workshop a lot. They haven't sold yamaha outboards for the last 6 years or so that I have been going to them. They were Suzuki dealers and later became Honda dealers. They are still Honda dealers.

I would stay away from those offers too.

They may not even know Dave. Wouldn't be the first time a businesses details have been hijacked to try and make a scam look legitimate.

I couldn't see anything in the ad remotely associating them with the mob at Blacktown , How did that suggestion even get a start ?.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

See the results of a search - post 12

Ausfish Silver Member

duuuuuuuudes wether its a scam or not dont drop 6000 to find out.. if you cant view it and take it away with you and its pay online and sight unseen good luck with that.. the scammers no1 tool is to take your money and give you notihing

Ausfish Silver Member

and as doubledasher said even if by some miracle it was 6000 and theres no after sales support which means see ya good luck and no warranty then your 6000 could triple trying to fix it and at the end of the day pay up buy genuine from a man who can be held accoutable and at least you got security/waranty which i think outways the temptation of a cheap too good to be true possible scam... just my 2 bobs worth lol