Thread: Not much action

Not much action

Is it just me, or are there not many fish being caught around the Redcliffe peninsula at the moment? The last 4 trips to Scarborough reef have been dead, same at various spots along the front of Redcliffe...

Re: Not much action

You'd be peeved to know I saw a squire get caught off the Shorncliffe jetty, yesterday. On a live herring.

Cuzza

There was some dredging there scarborough reef couple of weeks ago, might have affected the reef system,
    We might have to ask Rainbowrunner the details.

Thanks guys, my old man said it's been quiet and he does alright out his kayak and is fishing most days (when the old girl lets him!).
    Might have to change my approach and get back into using bait - it's been plastics only for a while with good success until recently.

My decky got one squire this morning in front of scarby.
    We got some good squid and there are plenty of yellowtail to be had as well.
    Tailor were not thick this morning.
    Jack.

Tunaticer,

How was the water clarity? Still murked up from the dredging?

Cuzza

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    Tunaticer,

How was the water clarity? Still murked up from the dredging?

Cuzza
    Almost 3m viz around Redcliffe to Scarby.
    Scarby reef was a tad murkier, but mostly from a surface scum drifting through.

Why would they dredge Scarby reef???

They are working around the boat moorings at Redcliffe Jetty, presumably dredging there.....but scarby reef???
    Jack.

They put in more pillons at Sandstone point last week i wonder if they will dredge the rock piles just out from it once they finish at redcliffe???.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Almost 3m viz around Redcliffe to Scarby.
    Scarby reef was a tad murkier, but mostly from a surface scum drifting through.

Why would they dredge Scarby reef???

They are working around the boat moorings at Redcliffe Jetty, presumably dredging there.....but scarby reef???
    Dunno why they're dredging - just saw the previous post mention it.

I wanted to get out for a dive off Redcliffe but thought the vis wouldn't be up to scratch. Sounds like it may have been by your report.

Cuzza

perfect vis for a redcliffe dive mate.
    Jack.

Must be the same all over, I was out today, my son using plastics, me using bait and plastics, didn't catch a single fish from before daylight to just after lunch....came home in disgust, water is dirty and cold down here.