Thread: Torres Strait,Wiring help.

Torres Strait,Wiring help.

Hi guys,
    I am preparing my boat for the long road trip from Tassie to Torres Strait (I don't have a big bushy beard either) just starting work on the outer islands shortly. I am trying to wire in sounder, radio, and stereo and bilge into their own battery rather than run off the main battery. I have wiring sussed I think into pos and neg bus bars and switch box, the only battery I have is a deep cycle battery I ran my electric motor with. Will this be suitable so I don't have to buy new battery???
    Thanks Rob

Re: Torres Strait,Wiring help.

It will be fine. Are you charging through a VSR?

I think wiring a vsr may be a bit above me, I was just going to charge overnight with my CTEC charger.

All good Rob. They aren't that hard - come with instructions. I assume you either aren't taking or no longer have the electric.

No I'm not taking the electric, trying to offload it actually. 80lb watersnake done maybe 5 hours work. A little sun faded but as new working order.

No worries then. Only issue may be on extended trips with no onboard charging. A set of jumper leads could get you out of trouble at a pinch.