Thread: Sunshine reef Noosa (23/5/16)

Sunshine reef Noosa (23/5/16)

Another quick update after Mondays solo adventure.

Being alone with no time constraints and no one to disappoint i decided the time had come to venture to pastures new, north reef turned out to be fairly lumpy on top and flatter on the bottom then a well made snooker table and after 2 hours hunting i struggled to find ground with both structure and fish, never mind its always a risk and sunshine reef is only a few miles away.

Fast forward to sunshine wide were the Tusk fish were simply unstoppable, couldn't get a bait to hit the bottom before it was either picked to bits of engulfed by the cheeky little things, a swap to mullet really increased the hook up rate and a little extra burly kept the fish on the chew. Worth noting that while north reef area was quite lumpy the surface at sunshine was almost as flat as the bottom over north reef way, beautiful and near glass .

To add to the fun i also managed a long tail Tuna to boost next trips bait stocks, managed a yellow fin as close as the boat but an inexperienced gaff and the prop gave the bugger a reprieve, also managed to pull up the head of a good sized trout although that was the only shark action for the day, shame it wasn't a tusk fish but thats the way it goes.

Bar remains flat with a good channel out northwards, the river mouth is still very silted so avoid the old northern channel past the frying pan area or it will end in a polished prop, the dog beach channel is still the only passable route.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13260089_10154050735306900_355275527538468757_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	113240