Thread: Ford Ranger XLS 4X4 Ute

Ford Ranger XLS 4X4 Ute

Just wondering if anyone has purchasde the Ford Range PX MK11 XLS 4x4 Ute. I'm thinking of getting one.

Re: Ford Ranger XLS 4X4 Ute

Had a mk1 that I put 180k on in 3 years.

Have mk2 that's 7 weeks old and has 11k on it already.

top ute, mk2 is much nicer.
    Cheers

Steven

Re: Ford Ranger XLS 4X4 Ute

Driving one at work at the moment, early days as only 4000k on the clock. But apart from needing a country mile to turn a corner, it seems to be a good rig. First 3.2 I have driven, our earlier ones were all the 2'.2's, like chalk and cheese, quite driveable. The old 2.2's it was put it in sports mode the second you got in it and count to three after flooring the peddle before something would happen, this thing goes almost as well as a petrol motor, and the auto works well with it. Dont bother with sports mode at all.
    Still working out all the settings for the dash and if I dont work out how to turn off all the bells, buzzers and warnings shortly there might be trouble, but overall quite impressed.

Oh, getting around 10l/100k economy, quite a bit worse than the old 2.2's but well worth the change in driveability.

Also almost forgot, last night first time night driving, high bean is woeful, hardly noticed any difference from low beam. Definitely needs some decent driving lights.