Thread: two new guys, half moon bay - 5/24/2016

two new guys, half moon bay - 5/24/2016

same run out of half moon bay as the last two trips. had two new guys, eric and brian. hit the same areas off of san gregorio and pescadero. had the same results. i'm not sure how you can not get bit.

lots of schoolie rockfish.

two nice lings for the captain!

one each for the crew.

a nice cabbie!

there were a dozen or so boats that launched that morning. they all headed north for salmon. the two guys i spoke to had one salmon each. there were three of us that headed south for rockfish. i would imagine that they came back with the same full ice chests that we did. we came back with 4 lings. should have had 10. it's tough with a new crew. they had mono on their reels, not spectra, fishing lots of different jigs. frozen squid is hard to find, but i lucked out and found five of the 5 pound boxes at a local grocery store and bought everything, so i've got squid for 4 more trips. the next trip is memorial day with my brother. see you on the water!
    eddie's brother, grady white 258

Re: two new guys, half moon bay - 5/24/2016

Great show of fish on the sounder! And only shallow too, those are some fantastic looking fish!

well done guys!
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Re: two new guys, half moon bay - 5/24/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Great show of fish on the sounder! And only shallow too, those are some fantastic looking fish!

well done guys!
    Ditto