Thread: Homeport

Homeport

Who runs Homeport on their PC and if so , how do you copy/backup the waypoins into a Word etc document for future reference??.
    Cheers

Re: Homeport

Been using Homeport for years on my PC. The below is taken from the Homeport Help Index.
    Backing Up Your Data

You can back up the data in the Library to prevent data loss.

1. Click File > Backup.
    2. Browse to the location where you want to save the backup, and enter a file name.
    3. Click Save.
    4. Click OK.

Yep , did so and it backep the files into a word document into my documents folder BUT!! word cannot open the files??, maybe i need to save in different format ??.

G'day
    Just had a look and found you can use the file/export/my collection then select the format at the bottom ie txt or csv (excel) etc etc
    Cheers
    Rod

Export to csv is the go.
    Jack.

Brilliant !!, Kind Thanks for the help . Saved to csv and opensup nicely..

G'day
    Anyone found a work around for showing proper charts ie you have to connect a card with chart on. You can use a copy for this but I wonder if you can put in on the puter and get it to work?
    Cheers
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Crusader View Post
    G'day
    Anyone found a work around for showing proper charts ie you have to connect a card with chart on. You can use a copy for this but I wonder if you can put in on the puter and get it to work?
    Cheers
    Rod
    I've only done it on Mac. It was giving me the shits having to climb into the boat in the shed to get the G2 chart out to load it into home port. It was a little complicated so I did a write up on here.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...hlight=Lovey80
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Well done working that out Lovely80. I had a shot with PC but couldn't get there. Not a big deal, I have made a copy on SD and recently noticed my laptop has a card slot LOL
    It would be better if they made it easy to do that
    Cheers
    Rod