Thread: Tailor and Bream at Point Halloran

Tailor and Bream at Point Halloran

With some good tides, I had a fish at Point Halloran. The plan was to chase a feed of tailor around the low tide, go to Macca’s for a while and use their free wi-fi until the tide came in, and then chase some bream. The plan worked okay except the wi-fi was slow.

A feed of tailor was produced with the best at about 45 cm. It’s always good to get some nice choppers on light line. Some bream were caught and kept with the best going 35 cm. with plenty around 25-26 cm that were mouth hooked and returned. Yabbies proved the best bait for bream on the night, with flesh baits barely registering any interest.

All in all, an okay feed with little investment in time or money (except at Maccas). Certainly not the big catch by any means, but it met my immediate consumption needs. Always remember it is easy to get a landbased feed in Moreton Bay. Here are some tips I put together for catching bream which are a good simple target for the next couple of months (http://www.nuggetoutdoors.com.au/smf...?topic=29201.0).

If you’ve got mates who say you can’t get a feed of fish in Moreton Bay, get new mates, you need that sort of negativity in your life.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0473.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	113203  

Re: Tailor and Bream at Point Halloran

A tasty fresh feed there Darryl. Fresh is best by a country mile in most cases. Unfortunately most of us can't fish whenever we want a feed though and freshly cryovac'd fish that has been cared for as soon as it comes out of the water is still better than anything you can buy.I agree too Moreton bay and surrounds is still a great fishery landbased or not.
    Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes, I was given some cryovac fillets awhile back and was very impressed. Impressed enough to have a cryovac on my shopping list.

Daryl

What sort of kit do you use to cryovac? Is there something cheap and handheld available?