Thread: Ghost at Pots Point

Ghost at Pots Point

Went out from vic pt yesterday round 11an for an afternoon drifting around and veging out while wetting plastics.....
    Did a couple of drifts in glassed out conditions of the arti for not a touch, turned on the mp3 deck and let there be noise, a few drifts at Pots Point for the same result, although I did pass over a large dugong, amazing sight, so tried some squid strips for whiting on the banks near the red...
    got 5 whiting and a pike in an hour and decided to anchor up near the wreck there and drown them, had 2 baits deployed and was rigging up third rod when zinnnnnnnnnngggggggggg.... a whiting was swallowed and took off at warp speed, 30lb braid on a 4000 spin rig... picked it up and it was well hooked, thought snapper in the 70s....but it kept peeling line even though I was tightening the drag right up....so rethought bloody shark (again, sick of them), turned on landing light and each time I got it anywhere the boat it took off in another blistering run.... finally got colour and it was heavier set than a shark.... bloody hell a jewie... had 2 goes at netting it with a dodgy kmart fold up landing net....then grabbed the gaff and sunk it in, hauled in the 87cm mullaway, my 1st legal one in Qld waters..... yahooooooo
    Fished till 9.20 for his mate and only hooked a huge turtle on 80lb rig, man they go like a D9 and last bait was a just legal grassy which went back.... so afternoon ended up a 10 hour session, lol
    have to love the weather for the past week eh ?? looking forward to next outing...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87cm jew pots pt 18-5-16.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	113192
    Cheers Chris

(please insert witty saying here)

Re: Ghost at Pots Point

Great result. Where's Pots Point?

Cuzza

north end of Macleay island, moreton bay
    Cheers Chris

(please insert witty saying here)

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    Great result. Where's Pots Point?

Cuzza
    It'd be around here....
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pots point.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	113193  
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi Ozie_3. I have fished over there a few times over the years and find it hit and miss. Cant seem to place a wreck there unless you are talking the Platypus over at Peel?