Thread: Banks 15/5

Banks 15/5

Fished the 80m line for snapper with huge shows on the sounder, but every thing we pulled was around 40cm. We thought the bigger ones where there but it didn't happen and by the time we thought we should be keeping a few the bite shut down. Moved on and got a nice mixed bag of reefies. Lost a lot of fish to sharks which got quite annoying. Both me and my mate got spooled by what I reckon where Aj's and busted off by cod, it makes you want to fish heavier when you lose the good fish. Still a nice day on the water, pulled the pick at 130pm with the trip home at 28knts. No stand out fish the red throat went 55cm.
    cheers Nick
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	113155  

Re: Banks 15/5

Nice mixed bag Nick and good to see you got out. Fished with Rex on sunday for a good mixed bag but no stand outs except a 3m marlin on my floater. The boys had another trip yesterday and back out today.
    Gav

I would have liked to get up there, but just to busy at the moment. Im looking forward to see how they when went over the last couple of days. The weather certianly got it right.

Spoke to them this arvo and they said its been a bit slow on the fishing side of things but all are having a good time.

How did the new toys go Gav??

No I was fishing in a mates 5.2 centre console Kevlar cat up off DI on Sunday Scott

I fished the banks on Monday and found there was no big stuff all small squire and pearlies. That was even in 80-95 m of water.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]