Thread: The Hards

The Hards

Hey guys, thinking of heading out to the banks today or in the morning, I have only been out a few times with not a great deal of success.
    My question is Where do the Hards start and finish.
    and would there be anyone kind enough to share some marks for the Hards, also I would love to do some jigging for kings etc but I don't know any marks that seem to hold kingys amberjack etc.
    I only have a 4.5m with a 40 on it but weather is looking good, please pm me if you can help out ,cheers Dan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Re: The Hards

I am not sure whether 4.5m is big enough to fit you and your balls

Quote Originally Posted by koastal View Post
    I am not sure whether 4.5m is big enough to fit you and your balls
    Rich coming from you Cato Boy LOL

Tony

Lol he's not doing it with a 4.5m tinny!
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Lol he's not doing it with a 4.5m tinny!
    The tinny probably rides better than the cat!

I've done some serious miles offshore in a 4.5 but never attempted the Barwons let alone the Hards - it's a looooong way - even further if it blows up and there is nowhere to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Unicorn View Post
    The tinny probably rides better than the cat!
    Deep pussy issues

Nothing more / some pussy wouldnt fix

It's a long way in a 6m boat. I wouldn't be doing it in a 4.5m tinny.

Mate its a really, really, really, really long way out there and an open tinny is gunna be a bitch if it blows up like it did today. let us know how you get on and if i had any marks worth jack S**t id send em across just for making that attempt. unfortunately my last trip resulted in turning tail and running back to the banks when the fish failed to show.

I have a 4.4 side console tinny with a 40 on it and have done quite a few trips to the banks. I make sure the forecast is good for at least 12 hours after I intend to be back and it usually works out well. I've tried a couple of times when the window of opportunity has been tighter and had a couple of very ordinary trips home. If you aren't 100% confident in your boat and your abilities then give it a miss. On the plus side because my boat is small and I've got a bow mount electric with gps I have an advantage over some of the larger boats in terms of sitting over good spots or good shows without having to anchor or drift.