Thread: the new ling cod king - half moon bay, california 5/10/2016

the new ling cod king - half moon bay, california 5/10/2016

some guys are just unstoppable...... #

this boat is now 10 years old. #it didn't get much use when my father-in-law was sick, but i retire in a month and i certainly intend to get some use out of it this summer. #other than a few temperamental rocker switches, it runs perfectly. #even the 10 year old electronics package is more than advanced enough to get the job done. #kudos to the guys and central valley marine and johnson-hicks that put everything together. #

tuesday was just another magical day in paradise! #well, we actually could have used a little more wind. #it was so dead out there that there was really no drift to speak of. #roger shu was back on board, along with his co-worker, harry franklin. #also joining us were ben tsutaoka and ted yamagishi. #it was harry that would steal the day!

harry was just on fire! the first two drops, the first two fish. #

after a few schoolie browns, blacks and blues, this 18 pound slug came over the rail. #then his second 18 pounder a half hour later.

ted caught most of our cabezon and i got a nice pair of vermillion, weighing in at 6 and 7 pounds.

we ended up with day with an ice chest full of fish! #there were six ling cod, four cabs, two vermillions, 15 blacks and a mix of 15 total for the browns, grass cod and blues. #

we now have an official ling cod king!

oh, and the vermillions got an invitation to dinner!

eddie's brother, grady white 258

Re: the new ling cod king - half moon bay, california 5/10/2016

Good report mate & pics ...good to see what critters are being caught in other parts of the world.
    Nice rig to.
    Looks a tad wet n chilly there mate..

Cheers n beers from sunny Qld...