Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wind Farm for Moreton Bay

Re: Wind Farm for Moreton Bay

So many of these around Europe now. I tried counting the number of wind turbines in a French field as we passed but I lost count around 50, though that may have been because the train was doing 320k per hour. The one's in the sea off Felixstowe were so far off shore they could only be seen with good binoculars.
    ~~~><))))*>

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I recon every home buyer should be forced to have a solar system on the roof these have really been made cheap already for so bloody long by the gov,and soon the battery back up system is just about ready,it is not dear to buy when you look at the bloody bill you would get without solar and to be selling back to the grid with your own bat packs is going to be magic my solar on my roof paid for itself in 3 years.
    cheers G.R.Hilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    If it ever comes true u can bet there will be an exclusion zone around each pylon

Rodman
    We already have exclusion zones
    They are called green zones.
    In reality I doubt that we have enough continual wind in the bay to make them economically viable.
    Cheers
    Ray

They don't pay what they used to for surplus power gr hilly. I was lucky to get my forms in early and get 50+ cents per kwh. That ship sailed.

If every house in your street has solar you won't put anything back into the system
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

this has been a hot topic for some years now in my area of the states. if you're bored, here is a thread about it from our lake Ontario fishing forum. I don't think you need to register with the forum to read it, but it's a good forum much like this one

.http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fis...-lake-Ontario/

cheers,
    joe
    standing on a bridge
    watching water rushing under-
    neath it must have been much harder
    when there was no bridge just water

No, solar is the king, prices for solar power overseas are down around 4c a Kwatt. 1/4 of the price of coal produced power. Also the wind is no where consistent enough around the bay to make wind viable.

I would hate to have a job in the coal industry, because you wont be having it for long.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ionly get 6 c but i save $450 per quarter and a $46 rebait it will be handy once the battery is in no elec bill at all i love that idea i have paid the bloody bill for 46 years to be self suff will be awesome.
    cheers G.R.Hilly.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    If every house in your street has solar you won't put anything back into the system
    Not if they all have kids like mine....

Last year scientists in turkey developed wind towers without blades, basically a tower with the top shaped like a diagonal slice, it doesn't require blades and is supposed to be quite efficient and probably change some of the figures quoted to maintain wind towers in the future. Just like Mike Delissers post I lost count of the number of wind farms all through Europe and the British coast line, certainly becomes quite common and an eyesore.

I don't think you want wind farms in the bay as they create a noise that may interfere with the fish...

Cheers

jim

Thats a great idea they can put them all in the southen part of the bay, they have most of the artifical reefs so they can have the wind farms too.

Whilst there is a cost on every aspect of every thing we do, there is still a need to be satisfied.

Your attached story can be applied exactly the same way to your daily use of toilet paper.

When there are projects underway, whatever they are, there are costs but also deliver employment and trade which today's society depends upon 100%.

Imagine if the computer was never invented.......how much plastic would not have been used??? How much electricity would not have been required??? How many levels of environmental impact would there have been?

What is the solution?

Reduce the need for more.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    No, solar is the king, prices for solar power overseas are down around 4c a Kwatt. 1/4 of the price of coal produced power. Also the wind is no where consistent enough around the bay to make wind viable.

I would hate to have a job in the coal industry, because you wont be having it for long.
    I smell bullshit on that solar price. No way on earth solar stacks up on its own at 4c/kW especially in Europe.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by PROS View Post
    Watched a documentary the other day about how insignificant is green house gasses created by vehicles; cars, boats, aircrafts, etc.... compared to dairy/meat industry.
    Being able to eat meat, hence the work of growing and feeding cattle apparently produces somewhere just over %50 of the green house gasses in the world, mainly in the form of fart.
    Cows are farting machines basically which is methane.
    Even all the carbon emissions created by coal power stations in the world was quoted to be around %20.

Another interesting point was that humans make more food to feed animals - dairy/meet/poultry industry - than there is available food for humans.
    Basically we create enough food to stop all the hunger in the world instantly however we choose to feed the animals instead.

I guess I would miss a juicy steak too much if I go vegetarian.
    It's always interesting to hear people say what a blight coal mines are on our environment and landscape. It comes to mind during my weekly flights over the Central Qld coalfield's as you look down on mines that are a tiny dot on a massive canvas of tree clearing as far as the eye can see.

Sent from my ZTE Blade V580 using Tapatalk