Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a few

Just a few

Took the missus for a fish today in the passage, was a bit apprehensive about the wind as I opened the garage door at 5.45 to be greeted by a stiff westerly, northerly or southerly winds are easier to deal with as most of my favourite banks are north south running, my wife likes to drift and bounce prawns and she does really good at times and today she snagged a nice 45cm snapper to go with a few flathead as well, she does flick plastics at times but she finds sitting in the sun on a cushion bouncing prawns with her little lipstick rod more relaxing.
    Water temp today was 20 degrees, down from 22 degrees when I fished the same area with an old mate for just 5 keepers on Tuesday , also got smacked by a GT on both mornings, these guys are hard work on light gear.
    Also adding a photo of a skull of a killer whale called "old tom", we were in Eden last week and found the story fascinating , old tom and his pod would round up the whales for the hunters and old tom would grab hold of the harpoon rope to slow them up, oh and the coast from Sydney to the Victorian border is amazing..

http://www.killersofeden.com/Export2.htm
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m12.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	113093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m121.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	113094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m123.jpg 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	113095   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m124.jpg 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	113096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m125.jpg 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	113097  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hc2.jpg 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	113098  

Re: Just a few

It's nice just to get out. Seeing it's your neighbourhood, Do you know if the old Albany Creek Tavern fishing club is still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    It's nice just to get out. Seeing it's your neighbourhood, Do you know if the old Albany Creek Tavern fishing club is still going.
    No sorry mate never heard of that club...

Thanks for posting mate that's a nice haul there. Don't the little gt's fight for there life
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Ausfish Silver Member

Nice- sounded a great day.

That Killers Of Eden- ref the whales- yes fascinating story- incredible creatures

Hooked the boat up after voting today and headed up the passage, few good sized fish around for a change, they seem to like the atomic prongs atm.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish1.jpg 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	113462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish3.jpg 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	113463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish4.jpg 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	113464  

nice going mate. Are you finding the flatties in the shallows up close to the sandbars or sitting in the channels / deeper water.
    Ive been catching a lot of flathead in the pine river / hays inlet area, most of them are right up in the shallows, the bigger ones in particular are sunning themselves in near ankle deep water.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Gday kingcray, these guys were mostly in around 5-8 feet of water next to a large sand bank with a weed edge, they seem to like to snug up to the edge of the weed growth, and the size this week was way better than normal, to be honest at times in bribie passage it can be damn hard to get anything over 50cm but i seemed to find a good patch this week, last week I lost 3 better fish that just threw the hook, only happens with the bigger models as we know..
    And well done catching a feed in the pine, ive tried a couple of times and failed but I'm going to try the bridge pilons one day soon..cheers

Blog Entries

great stuff Alleycat. They have been firing up Caloundra end as well.

Nice one Al, I'll have to get my act together and dust off the plastics and get amongst them

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Just a quick post as posts are so few these days, water was very clear in the passage today but this 64cm jew smashed a atomic prong and played up big time on 3 kg braid, also managed 5 keeper flathead but nothing photo worthy..

Name:	july10.jpg 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	113533  

Nice 👌

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

nice little jewy there mate they are a lot of fun as flatty bycatch.
    Same story for me with the smaller flatties, most are between 40-48cm. Probably 1 in every 10 goes 50+ and the odd 65-70. Been at least 100 flathead since ive caught a 70+ from that area

You know I honestly think that only 1 in 30 or more I catch up that way is over 60cm, so many are what I call skippies, ie they come skipping across the water as you wind they are that small, even fish over 50cm are rare at times, don't tell me the Pine river has a bigger average size?.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    nice little jewy there mate they are a lot of fun as flatty bycatch.
    Same story for me with the smaller flatties, most are between 40-48cm. Probably 1 in every 10 goes 50+ and the odd 65-70. Been at least 100 flathead since ive caught a 70+ from that area

depends where in the pine you go.
    Some areas they are either big or not there at all. Other areas they are plentiful but avg 45cm.