Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At last Qld SIP changes happening.

Re: At last Qld SIP changes happening.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=distribution+of...hing+fee+money#

Click there ^^^ and look at the third one down Ray.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Dale

Dale

The one thing you will notice is that not one of the NSW pages will tell you that the amount spent of fingerlings is a fixed percentage of what is raised, which is what the current Queensland system does.
    Dale

Tried it the other day and still getting same result.

Page not found

The page or file you are looking for was not found (error 404).
    Try and find the information you're looking for using search, or by going to one of the following sections:

We are currently updating the DPI website as part of our commitment to deliver high quality information to our stakeholders. If you're having problems using the DPI website, please let us know.

All money raised by the NSW Recreational Fishing Fee is placed into the Recreational Fishing Trusts and spent on improving recreational fishing in NSW.
    Hundreds of projects have been funded from recreational fishing licence fees in NSW since 2001. This Investment Plan provides a guide on expenditure of funds on projects in key priority areas from the NSW Recreational Fishing Trusts over the current three year period (see enclosed tables). New projects to take account of any new emerging priorities for expenditure of Trust funds are periodically added to this Plan following annual funding rounds.
    A range of partners are undertaking the projects in this Plan, including DPI, other government organisations, fishing clubs, community groups and universities. The NSW Government also continues to contribute funding from general state revenue every year to manage and improve recreational fishing in NSW.
    Priority areas for funding opportunities
    1. Fishing enhancement – e.g. fish aggregating devices, artificial reefs and fish stocking
    2. Education – e.g. fishing workshops, Fishcare volunteers, schools education, fishing advisory
    3. Fishing access and facilities – e.g. fishing platforms, cleaning tables, safety infrastructure & other facilities, protecting fishing access
    4. Aquatic habitat rehabilitation – e.g. habitat action grants to improve fish habitat.
    5. Research on recreational fishing – e.g. fishing surveys, stock assessment, angler catch projects.
    6. Enforcement of fishing rules – fisheries officers
    Dale

What have previous Trust Investment plans delivered on?
    Fast facts:

Boosted stocking in creeks and dams to around 4 million native fish and trout and salmon each year.
    • Offshore artificial reefs constructed off Sydney, Shoalhaven Heads and Port Macquarie. More reefs to follow soon.
    • 30 fish aggregating devices deployed each year to boost angler catch.
    • Around 100 schools and 5,000 kids participating in 'Get Hooked...it's fun to fish' program each year.
    • Fish habitat grants provided each year to remove barriers to fish migration, replanting river bank vegetation and restoring water flows.
    • Over 4 million prawns stocked in estuaries each year.
    • Fish cleaning tables and fishing platforms constructed each year.
    • 300 Fishcare Volunteers out and about promoting responsible fishing.
    Dale

Does not say if admin costs are deducted from fees but appears that their scheme covers a lot more than the Qld SIP.
    it does state
    "The NSW Government also continues to contribute funding from general state revenue every year to manage and improve recreational fishing in NSW. "
    Which appears to be more than what happens in QLD.under both administrations
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    Does not say if admin costs are deducted from fees but appears that their scheme covers a lot more than the Qld SIP.
    it does state
    "The NSW Government also continues to contribute funding from general state revenue every year to manage and improve recreational fishing in NSW. "
    Which appears to be more than what happens in QLD.under both administrations
    Cheers
    Ray
    The NSW Fishing licence is not all roses. A post of mine from way back........

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80
    Re: What are your thoughts on the idea of a General Recreational Fishing licence ?

Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell
    I believe you could write to ACORF/ NSW DPI&F & request an itemised / detailed list of total expenditure if required. I am personally happy with the detail believe that NSW is currently a long way out in front of Qld as far as fisheries management goes - just my opinion.

I recon we have covered enough detail in this thread for those wanting to vote to make an informed decision & will now let this poll run it's course

Regards Scott

I certainly do not think there is enough detail in this thread for someone to make an informed decision. After a glance at the 07/08 fishing expendiature, I was horrified at what thousands of dollars have gone to. While there ARE things in there that I would like to have funded out of a fishing licence if introduced, there is pleanty to show this is just a user pays arm of NSW fisheries.

Things like:

$30,000 just so the trust fund can be a member of RecFish. I would be screaming blue murder if Sunfish got 30K to represent me on their current record!

$16,000 for ACoRF mettings-What the?

$5,000 for defining a Quality Recreational Fishing Experience- What the?

$163,000 for Eastern King Prawn Stocking- For stocking a Prawn that will leave the river and get caught by prawners when they come back to breed in other systems. If all inshore prawning was banned then I'd be fine with that.

$28,000 for expendiature commitee meeting expenses. What the?

$1,458,000 - For fisheries officers - I agree that QLD state gov't are pathetic with funding fisheries officers and am the first to tell people we need more. But again the perfect example how a Gov't will not do the right thing if they know the average angler will pay for it.

$750,000 fishing survey for just greater Sydney-What the? Refer to my comments on ECO getting the money and ECO monitoring the RRFF mandatory catch cards. How far would $750,000 go? (not that ECO have said they want to take on the resposibility) but 750k going to an organisation would surely be enough to cover data entry of every Rec catch in the state!

$6,000 for Coffs Harbour fish cleaning facilities- Again something that should have been provided by the state gov't. There is enough going through state coffers to supply all ramps state wide just out of boat and trailer rego.

$114,000 for Charter Boat consultation and monitoring-What the?

$79,000 for recreation fishing in Shoal Haven river-What the? Research and works shops for what?

$148,000 for the Trust Executive Officer-Jobs for the boys eh? Big dollar jobs at that.

$122,000 for the Recreational Research Project-What the? See comments of the Greater Sydney Survey

I have only brought up the ones at a glance were a waste of money or could have been spent on much more needed projects......ONLY to emphasize why the NSW program is a crap program. Also the only reason I didnt mention some of the good things the money was spent on. As I have said in the past I'm not opposed totally to a fishing licence and things like:

Rec fishing Havens
    Artificial Reefs
    FAD's
    Salt Restocking Programs (like NSW Mulloway)
    Inshore Trawl buy outs and Beach netting buy outs in certain areas.

Just to name a few

Cheers

Chris
    where is Finga and Pinhead these days?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I have glanced over the pages of the documents. Seems of a lot of funds raised goes back into Govt coffers via management, loan repayments, research, monitoring etc etc.

I have always made it clear, I personally do not support a licence here in Qld.

We raise over $5mill each year via the RUF from boat registration. Those funds some how got shoved out of Recreational Fishing Enhancements and plonked into general revenue, I could be wrong ? Mike ?

Need to get back on the horse.............

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here