Thread: Fuel Stabiliser

Fuel Stabiliser

Do you use fuel stabilisers? Does it make any difference? I mean if you've got 460L and fish around the bay and you keep topping it up every 2-3 trips, there's bound to be a lot of stale fuel accumulating in the tank. I've been using Stabil Marine every time I fill up but it gets pretty X if you've got a large tank. Any contacts for economy sized quantities as opposed to the tiny little 236ml or 32oz bottles? Thanks.
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Re: Fuel Stabiliser

Never use anything, never had problems.

Ask your local parts outlet for a carton buy on the small bottles. Hit them up for the usual less 25% or thereabouts. Probably about the same as they would offer to a trade account and even better your paying cash as opposed to a trade account running them out to 30+ days. Win win.

I swear by STA-BIL

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Never used it and never had any fuel related problems. I keep my tank full to try and avoid condensation and always have from standard 2 strokes, four strokes and Opti's. Sometimes the boat has gone up to 3 months without use.

I use fuel doctor. Supercheap has the big bottles on special
    every now and then and works out a lot cheaper than stabil.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

More economical - 1 bottle treats 485 litres or about a tank in your case.

https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_i...135&item=38197

They had a stand at the boat show a couple of years ago and I remembered they said they will sell direct to the public if they gave their office a call. Not sure whether they still do. I think FD is more a cleaner than a stabiliser but I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    I use fuel doctor. Supercheap has the big bottles on special
    every now and then and works out a lot cheaper than stabil.
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck