Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds, Nanny's & Trout

Re: Reds, Nanny's & Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    I seen that cat on this link.
    http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/...1770-/3020345/

How did it happen? Not good.

Have you got the link for the bladder?

I done Fraser that weekend, sharks were bad every where I went and couldn't pull a fish from the bottom in 40 to 180 meters on day 1.
    Day 2 was better and still lost some good fish but bagged.
    Got some good PB's, so happy with that.

Good to hear bob..

mate the bladder I use is a ATL Fuelocker... The Fuelocker has side walls not a pillow shape so takes up less room also it can be made in any shape you require so it can fit in a certain area you want. I have mine connected directly into the spare inlet on the fuel filter on each engine with a tap on the main tank lines to turn of the supply from the tanks. That way when we run out to sea I just calculate what I need to get me there and usually a few ks short of our destination the bladder is sucked completely dry so I roll up the bladder put it in its bag and just turn the fuel lines on the main tank and a couple of minutes latter away we go again.. Really really simple.. Giddy Up

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    good to here the p/trims are an improvement mate ..gives me hope .. Lol.. Didn't know if you had a full bladder on the nose or not .. Wasn't there a thread on swains in a trailer boat some somewhere that caused a bit of shit stir ... Lol..this Should start that one up again
    Never seen that thread mate... You got a shortcut for us to revisit?? Na mate my bladder sits on the deck In front of my fish box and as I said I fill it up with only what I need to get where I'm going and then it's put away after we get there...

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Fantastic stuff Keith. I'm heading up next weekend to hit them on Damo's charter. Here's hoping the weather and fishing gods are kind.
    What day mate?? Hopefully it's the lead up to the full moon?? Good luck anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Good to hear bob..

mate the bladder I use is a ATL Fuelocker... The Fuelocker has side walls not a pillow shape so takes up less room also it can be made in any shape you require so it can fit in a certain area you want. I have mine connected directly into the spare inlet on the fuel filter on each engine with a tap on the main tank lines to turn of the supply from the tanks. That way when we run out to sea I just calculate what I need to get me there and usually a few ks short of our destination the bladder is sucked completely dry so I roll up the bladder put it in its bag and just turn the fuel lines on the main tank and a couple of minutes latter away we go again.. Really really simple.. Giddy Up
    Cheers, was already looking at the 200ltr on that site.
    Suppose additional 400ltrs will get me to Cato Reef

Wow,what a great effort, here I am trying to plan my first trip in my boat to 1770 and it pales into insignificance.

Blog Entries

What day mate?? Hopefully it's the lead up to the full moon?? Good luck anyway..
    Sunday 22nd Keith right on the full. Taking my missus up for her first shot at off shore fishing (which I have told her she will need a new 30-50lb Terez and 10000 Saragoosa to match)

Sunday 22nd Keith right on the full. Taking my missus up for her first shot at off shore fishing (which I have told her she will need a new 30-50lb Terez and 10000 Saragoosa to match)
    Funchy,

Mate give Shaun from PE tackle a ring and buy a couple of packs of his ganged Big guns... mate cheap as and will 1000% out fish any other hook sets. Ive been using the big gun rigs for years and shaun has just started making them into rigs. I think he calls them BFG... Really good hooks mate..

Blog Entries

Funchy,

Mate give Shaun from PE tackle a ring and buy a couple of packs of his ganged Big guns... mate cheap as and will 1000% out fish any other hook sets. Ive been using the big gun rigs for years and shaun has just started making them into rigs. I think he calls them BFG... Really good hooks mate..
    This the one Keith?

http://www.future.petackle.com.au/in...omb-rig-detail

Awesome effort Keith. In regards to your fuel bladder, do you connect it to your fuel filter with some kind of quick connect fittings?

Quote Originally Posted by perko View Post
    Awesome effort Keith. In regards to your fuel bladder, do you connect it to your fuel filter with some kind of quick connect fittings?
    Perko,

mate no I just screw straight into fuel filter and unscrew when I get there.. 2-3 minutes and I'm done on change over. About the time it would take to put a jerry can in the tank..

Mate im in brissy and can get you a box of you like.. Yes same as the fly rig without the fly..

Blog Entries

Mate im in brissy and can get you a box of you like.. Yes same as the fly rig without the fly..
    PM Sent

Banana, have you tried the fly rigs? If so do you think they make a difference?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Keith,, is that Wade in the last photo