Thread: Tough Day Out

Tough Day Out

So I had a day off last week and some good weather, why not go for a fish. I left Lake Macquarie before lunch to give myself plenty of time to find livies and travel time. After that species identification pic the other week asking about the longfin perch I had a rush of blood and decided to chase some. Haven't been after them for years. Coincidently they are found in some well known Kingfish areas off the central coast of NSW. I tried 8 different spots in 4 miles of coastline for live bait for the kings I hadn't caught a livey after 2hrs so went anyway. Tried a few old Kingy spots with jigs and decided that it's for young fellas when my shoulders told me enough's enough. Off to the perch grounds 15miles down the coast in glassy conditions. It looked good with some fish showing and just enough current to fish 100m. Tried a few more drops with the knife jigs for 1 Kingy about 7kg then bait time for perch. It was slow going all afternoon but ended up with a few and one more kingy on bait, of course he took the lightest line I had out but it was a bit of fun. Gave up after dark and sat down for a bite to eat and drink. A slow bite in 100m of water made me lose interest so I wound up the last line to leave and a poor old trag about 3kg was dead on the line. Anyway ended up with some fish and beautiful sea conditions, 30kn all the way home, kind of a relaxing day out except for those bloody knife jigs, I should throw them away, they work but they hurt fishermen more than fish.

Re: Tough Day Out

I had a laugh about the knife jigs, I bought a bunch of them a few years ago and tried jigging once then used the rest as pretty sinkers.