Thread: Last nights effort.......??

Last nights effort.......??

Thursday night, hit the seaway around 11ish after getting some herring and Pike, parked in the seaway in the usual spot, deployed a whole pike on one line and a rather large chunk of pike on the other. The baits were only in the water for maybe ten min and the one with the chunk started to reverse off the reel. Just a slow tick over at first then stoped.
    Seeing ive payed this game before I was in no rush, so I finished my half eaten cake, wound in the other line and got sorted. Another bit of a run, then stop. I thought to my self ive got all night buddy as I lit up a ciggy. Another run with a bit more feeling and a bit further, ok next run and your mine. Next run and I click the Penn spinfisher 8500 live linner into gear...it took a few seconds for him to take up the slack and when he felt the drag he got seriously serious. Now I had about 10kg of drag on and it was peeling like there's no tomorrow. We played the give and take game for 15min and just I was making a gain I pulled the hook.

After I got over that bit of devastation, rebaited and back into it. An hour later another run but no where near as big. I let him play with it for a while until I thought he'd have it down by now and into gear it went, yes he's connected .Half way to the boat and all of a sudden everything went slack.....after a few choice words I finished winding in to find the 60lb fluro leader let go just above the hook....After that not another touch.

Friday night All ready had enough bait, and with the tide still running out thought id try my luck at my jack spot near the marinas. To answer the question see below.

As the tide turned I made my way up to the seaway..... same bait, same spot, same tide and not a touch all night. Maybe the big one from the night before was still on his way to NZ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	113033

Re: Last nights effort.......??

And those are the ones that keep you coming back for more,,,,
    Great report.

Blog Entries

Nice one brutha!!!

Jewie or shark? Might have to put down a steel trace to find out. Pike are a gun bait when fresh.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.