Thread: Labour day DI trip.

Labour day DI trip.

Hi all,

Dragged the tinnie up to DI for the long weekend with a mate Paul, and my old man, as the weather was looking pretty good.
    We fished Saturday avo for a couple of hours, but it was very uncomfortable with a bit of breeze, and a fair swell on. Managed one nice Spanish and decided to head back in.
    We gave Sunday a miss, as the rain had set in, and we were still a bit sore from Saturday.
    Monday morning the weather was great, we went to try for a few snapper, but couldn't get a bite, so pulled some slimies out and mange another 4 Spanish.
    Pulled the pin at 10 and heading in, to pack up and head home.
    Great weekend away with a few fish and a fair few beers too.

ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	113008Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	113007
    Rob

Re: Labour day DI trip.

A long weekend with some friends, a bit of fishing, some beers, what more could you want.

A few nice macs there did you get them at the pinnacle's? I will be there on the weekend and hopefully get a few.

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    A few nice macs there did you get them at the pinnacle's? I will be there on the weekend and hopefully get a few.

Yeah mate, at the pinnacles. There are plenty around, size is good too.
    didnt see a shark either which is a nice change for DI.

Hope be you have a good weekend.

Rob

Good to see you got some fish. We were up there same weekend, was pretty messy on the Saturday and got hammered with rain that night and left home Sunday morning as the rain was relentless. Should have done 1770 instead

Quote Originally Posted by Daveje View Post
    Good to see you got some fish. We were up there same weekend, was pretty messy on the Saturday and got hammered with rain that night and left home Sunday morning as the rain was relentless. Should have done 1770 instead
    Did you get on to any snaps mate?
    we only had a quick go for then at the pinnacles, never got out wider.
    What boat were you in?

We didn't get much of a fish, were having sounder issues and the guys started feeling crook staring at it for too long to getting the settings sorted. We got a few squire biggest went mid 50cm that's was it. We were in my bro's centre console plate with blue t-top. I don't think anyone ventured much past pinnacles on the Saturday with the conditions. I was up there about a month ago with the missus for a quick trip out and we got a nice snap about 5 kg measured 75cm plus a few reefies and nice yellowfin around that area.