Thread: Sounder <$1200

Sounder <$1200

Hi guys....feedback requested on a sounder(fish finder) only for less than$1200. Currently have an Lowrance Elite 7 chirp combo but also want an sounder for exclusively as a fish finder.
    cheers

Re: Sounder <$1200

Mate iam gping to put a garmin striker 7 inch in my tinnie for the min kota.

Around the $720 mark. Side and down image

I may be wrong but for that price you would be better off using the Elite 7 with its Chirp as your fish finder and look at some other means for map as i have seen some pretty OK results from them.

Maybe an ipad if you have one is an easy cheap option for map.

Garmin Striker 7 SV.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

I believe the garmin 7sv has this chirp tech. $720 is good for what u get

Should be able to find a Garmin 95sv for around that money..........sidevu,downvu and traditional with in built Blue Charts 9'' screen
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Really dan. Maybe i should start looking bit harder. Thanks

cheers

cool. well.. SOOO many options.. lets get sticky!!

Lowrance hook7 ...CHIRP (in a way) + downview. + 7" screen + easy to use + good quality mapping @ $980 (it scores 3 out of 5 mooses, its a good basic unit. its not trying to be anything flash but feels kind of old now days"

Lowrance ELITE 5TI .. TOTAL SCAN all in one transducer (basically a HST 300W Transducer and LSS2 in one). CHIRPED "sorta". side and down imaging. 5" touch screen + good mapping +buttons $990 (other than small screen this gives you a lot for your money. having buttons helps with the screen size. all in one transducer is good!. single touch screen when we are all used to smart phones feels old ) 4 mooses out of 5

Lowrance ELITE 7TI same as above but also in a larger easier to see screen. plus NMEA2000 and motorguide link. $1220 (scores .5 more for being better connected and bigger screen. 4.5 out of 5)

Garmin STRIKER 7SV (Best suited for your request. solid system cuts out the fat of things you dont use and still runs that sensationa GT52 transducer) $720 5 mooses out of 5

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by pnp005 View Post
    Hi guys....feedback requested on a sounder(fish finder) only for less than$1200. Currently have an Lowrance Elite 7 chirp combo but also want an sounder for exclusively as a fish finder.
    cheers
    Hi PNP005,
    I have a Garmin 751xs for sale if interested.
    Used 3 times.
    No transducer.
    Has DownVu, SideVu and Chirp compatibility.
    Talk to Spaniard King for transducer options.
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/mari...rod119870.html
    You can have it for $800 plus postage or collect if in Brisbane.
    Cheers Rob.

No one else has asked - what sort of fishing, what sort of depth capability and what sort of features are you after ???