Thread: Jet ski fishing Club

Jet ski fishing Club

Is there a jet ski fishing club in Brisbane or Gold Coast that you can join or a Facebook page.

Re: Jet ski fishing Club

Not that I'm aware of... plenty of guys are starting to get into it though..
    There are a couple of Jetski clubs that organise rides but none that I can find that are fishing focussed.
    How'd you go with your sounder?
    I'm still up in the air about going fishing this weekend, NEasters blowing, bit of rain and that pretty much shuts down any fishing I do...

Andy

Yes no fishing for me, Sounder worked out fine, May run a small 12volt battery to run it so as not to run down the main Battery but not sure yet. Could get a few guys on Face book because theres more out there than are on here I think.You would only need 6 to 10 blokes and you would always get someone to fish with.I fish threw the week a lot as I do night shift work so 3 on 4 off roster type thing.

Yes found a good site goldcoast jet ski fishing on face book. Hundreds of members.
    Wayne.

I ran my sounder of a separate battery. On 1 ski, i put in a dual battery set up. On the other ski i had a sepate battery clamped down in the front hatch.
    I had yammys

I changed mine from running off the main battery to a small stand alone 6amp battery under the cowelling...seems fine so far but only gets about 3hours continuous use before low voltage warning on sounder pops up. If I switch off when not in use it lasts a days fishing... I don't know enough about electrics to charge it when running but not draw from the main battery when stationary. I should go see an automotive electrician...or just bite the bullet and get a dual battery settup... Everything seems to cost too much to make it an easy decision.

Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by macca721 View Post
    I changed mine from running off the main battery to a small stand alone 6amp battery under the cowelling...seems fine so far but only gets about 3hours continuous use before low voltage warning on sounder pops up. If I switch off when not in use it lasts a days fishing... I don't know enough about electrics to charge it when running but not draw from the main battery when stationary. I should go see an automotive electrician...or just bite the bullet and get a dual battery settup... Everything seems to cost too much to make it an easy decision.
    It might be because its not a 12Volt Battery,I put a 12 volt Motorcycle battery in mine and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Transtaff View Post
    It might be because its not a 12Volt Battery,I put a 12 volt Motorcycle battery in mine and it works great.
    If its not 12 volt it won't work more likely its only 6 or 7 amp sealed lead acid which will only be good for 3 to 4 hours of sounder running. You can get the same size up to 9 amp which should get about 5 to 6 hours or go to a bigger battery to get more run time.
    azza