Thread: Redcliffe Coast Guard New Mid Week Hours

Redcliffe Coast Guard New Mid Week Hours

Hi All,

Just letting you know that we are changing the hours of operation for Coast Guard Redcliffe, This only relates to Monday to Thursday, From Friday 0600 we are there 24 hours until 2100 on Sunday night.

We will now only have the radio room open from 0600 to 1800 rather than 0600 to 2100.

This does not affect our ability to respond to any incident, if you require assistance for breakdown please call 32035522 this phone will divert to our on call officer , or in an emergency dial 000.

We are Still there to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we can have a vessel on the water within minutes of a call.

Dont forget to logon with your local Coast Guard or VMR whenever you head out on the water, its free and ensures there is always someone looking out for you.

Our local VHF channels for logon are 73, 81 and 21, 27Meg 91,

We Also monitor all emergency channels, 16 and 67.

Thanks
    Lee McCarthy
    Commander Redcliffe Coast Guard

Re: Redcliffe Coast Guard New Mid Week Hours

It's good to know to you guys are there if we need you - thank you.

No worries Crunchy, always there if you need us,

Hi lethal098, I have a question that you can hopefully answer. What is the difference between the Marine Rescue Queensland (VMR) and the Australian Voluteer Coast Gaurd?

I have been doing a bit of googling and there is clearly separation there as thier respective bases are at different locations.
    Cheers Axl

Hey Axl,

We both provide the same service, we receive the same funding from the Government (not much).

Coast Guard is a National Organisation and Marine Rescue Qld is a Qld based organisation. Although there is much more in the background as to how it is run internally there is no real difference at all. Just different coloured boats, we all complete the same standardized training.

There are different bases located in all various places, dont think there is a real reason for this, it was just how it happened.

Hope that helps,

Quote Originally Posted by lethal098 View Post
    Hey Axl,

We both provide the same service, we receive the same funding from the Government (not much).

Coast Guard is a National Organisation and Marine Rescue Qld is a Qld based organisation. Although there is much more in the background as to how it is run internally there is no real difference at all. Just different coloured boats, we all complete the same standardized training.

There are different bases located in all various places, dont think there is a real reason for this, it was just how it happened.

Hope that helps,
    Can confirm from the other side at VMR Brisbane. Whilst I am not longer active on the rescue side ( have not been for a while) I am on the committee. From what I see there seems to be a fairly healthy relationship with Lethal's mob and ours.

EDIT, thought I might add some history from VMR Brisbane. We started out as Sandgate Yacht Club, which eventually had a dedicated rescue division. I cant remember the exact date, but they became Air Sea Rescue at some point (VN4YC) with yellow boats also, eventually became VMR. Club originally started in 1912, so possibly one of the oldest rescue org's in Queensland?

Very True Andy, we have a great working relationship and mutual respect between our organisations which is fantastic, doesnt matter what colour boats we have, we are all there for the same reason, to save lives at sea and to make sure everyone gets home safely.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal098 View Post
    Very True Andy, we have a great working relationship and mutual respect between our organisations which is fantastic, doesnt matter what colour boats we have, we are all there for the same reason, to save lives at sea and to make sure everyone gets home safely.
    Speaking of VCGR, just spotted this in our "whats on" email.

TRIVIA NIGHT
    Volunteer Coast Guard Redcliffe is holding a Trivia Night on Friday, 22nd July from7:30pm to 10:00pm at the RSL Redcliffe (Kokoda Room). If you want a fun filled night, get your mates together, pick out a good name and come dressed for your theme. There will be plenty of prizes on the night. To book a table, please contact Jan on 0421 270 757. All other enquiries contact Scott on 0404 009 306.Cost is $15 per person with tables of 8. To view full details, please click here.