Thread: Victoria point jetty still good for fishing?

Victoria point jetty still good for fishing?

Hi all,
    Just wondering if vic point jetty was good for fishing. We have two young kids. Been to woody point jetty last weekend. Did not bring any crab back as they were all either ubdersized or female. Got 2 legal size breams though.
    Now I m thinking to take family to try vic point jetty one day. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Victoria point jetty still good for fishing?

I just realised that Vic Point Jetty was a ferry. I assume fishing is not enouraged there.

Anyone may clarify?

Anyone would like to recommend any land based fishing spots around Victoria Point?

Thanks.

You can fish from the jetty. Better at at least half tide up as the new ferry terminal now means that fishing from the end of the jetty is "prohibited". They do catch a few bream, a few crabs and the odd squid from the jetty as well as pike, the odd flathead and so on. It would be a much better proposition at night rather than during the day. Personally, I would look at getting and learning to use (if you don't already) a yabby pump. Yabbies can be pumped at Point Halloran at low tide and then you can fish the banks on the run up or move to the jetty if you wish. Best universal estuary bait IMO.

Thank you very much for your reply, Scottar.

With kids, we can only fish at day time. Now we are thinking about the wellington point jetty as there is no ferry. :-)

Thank you again.

victoria point jetty isn't recommended, was their last weekend ramp out, saw water police pulling those crab pot tied to jetty.. don't know if they were checking the type of net was used or removing it, but I know everyone who saw them came left that jetty... however the walkway to the left of the jetty (pass the bus pickup), during high tide is quite the catch

Raby bay area is great for the kids, caught various of thing from there during high tide with the kids

wellington jetty is normally filled with a lot of fishermen and boaties, otherwise, if u do get it on a good day, have caught many under the jetty during the night